Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they ceramic ?

Mine started to bubble on the passenger side. Wondered if they were cheap tints.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
11 Posts
Yes it was. It came like it with both rows tinted.
In that case it would have been dealer installed. I looked at the pic of your car on your profile and it looks like your front windows are as dark or almost as dark as the rear ones. That’s not how the car comes from the factory.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
11 Posts
In that case it would have been dealer installed. I looked at the pic of your car on your profile and it looks like your front windows are as dark or almost as dark as the rear ones. That’s not how the car comes from the factory.
You’re original bill of sale would most likely list the tint as a dealer add-on. If you find that I’m sure the dealership would replace the tint for you at no charge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah I see. I never really looked at other stevlios here before that closely. Humm wonder if the dealer used cheap-ass tinting

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
11 Posts
Ah I see. I never really looked at other stevlios here before that closely. Humm wonder if the dealer used cheap-ass tinting
Dealers will often use vendors based upon low price so possibly, yes. There’s an old saying that: “the bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten”.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealers will often use vendors based upon low price so possibly, yes. There’s an old saying that: “the bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten”.
And applies to the murky world of car dealers. Low life scumbags the lot of em.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
11 Posts
Unfortunately in many instances you’re correct. There are some very good, customer oriented business professionals out there, but even in 2020 it seems the car business has not evolved in many aspects. I’m fortunate that living in the Los Angeles area offered me several dealerships to choose from.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
11 Posts
And I would say that there is a very good chance that your dealer still uses the same vendor who did the window tinting on your car and they will replace it for you without issue at no charge. Personally I won’t do after-market tinting on my cars for several reasons, including the issue you’re experiencing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I recently had my fronts and the sunroof tinted with a 3M ceramic tint. Completely happy with it.
The installer has been around for 30 years and has a life time warranty.

If dealer had it installed, they should replace it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently had my fronts and the sunroof tinted with a 3M ceramic tint. Completely happy with it.
The installer has been around for 30 years and has a life time warranty.

If dealer had it installed, they should replace it.
A ceramic tint? I’ve been away from the accessories trade for too long.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think that all tinting is “cheap-ass”. The factory tint on my Stelvio is great! In fact, the interior is always dark. My bad, but I never open the roof because too much dust and dirt will get in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a security thing for me. I'm a photographer so I need it dark so I'm not seen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts