Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I get the sound the OP described once in a while when I sit inside the car a bit longer then I should after the engine is shut off, it’s as if the car comes alive on its own (not sure the sound is loud enough to be heard outside the car) and it never starts right after I turn the car off always a few min later which is y possible many haven’t noticed the noise as most step right out the door. I find it strange but my Alfa is full of weird noises..

Off topic: I got a bird in my right vent that comes alive arround 70-80mph and I used to have a musical seat belt duet when I first got my car, now it seems they broke in and stopped but my speakers still glitch when iPhone X is connected (not iPhone 7) nothing surprises me anymore.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
My take is a power up and power down sequence in part related to the high pressure fuel pump maintaining prime (as it might for immediate start and the auto stop process). A little like R2D2 in the garage.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I get the sound the OP described once in a while when I sit inside the car a bit longer then I should after the engine is shut off, it’s as if the car comes alive on its own (not sure the sound is loud enough to be heard outside the car) and it never starts right after I turn the car off always a few min later which is y possible many haven’t noticed the noise as most step right out the door. I find it strange but my Alfa is full of weird noises..

Off topic: I got a bird in my right vent that comes alive arround 70-80mph and I used to have a musical seat belt duet when I first got my car, now it seems they broke in and stopped but my speakers still glitch when iPhone X is connected (not iPhone 7) nothing surprises me anymore.

If something comes on a few minutes after the car is shut off , OR, as another user mentioned, before the car is even turned on with the fob not being close by then it must be a parasitic power consumer. The problems with the weak battery as mentioned in other threads might be related to this event.

Whats relevant is that its not a unique issue because multiple people have mentioned it, and apparently it exists on Giulia as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A Technical Service Bulletin from Alfa Romeo is badly needed!

If something comes on a few minutes after the car is shut off , OR, as another user mentioned, before the car is even turned on with the fob not being close by then it must be a parasitic power consumer. The problems with the weak battery as mentioned in other threads might be related to this event.

Whats relevant is that its not a unique issue because multiple people have mentioned it, and apparently it exists on Giulia as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts

U may be on to something...I will mention all this when I finally service the car sometime soon. They will prob think I am crazy talking about parasitic power consumption and creepy noises comming out BUT they must oblige and inspect it hopefully...

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
The sky is not falling... I really think it's normal and no issues. If

·
Registered
3 Posts
The sky is not falling... I really think it's normal and no issues. If

Sounds and Noises that are not supposed to be there are not normal. It certainly should not be ignored.
My Giulia does the same thing. However, I am not worried about it because my last two Peugeot I had in Italy ( 1.6 turbo diesel and gasoline) did the same identical noise. It must be an electrical component some European brands, and not, have in common.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anyone get a confirmation on the sound, mine has always done this also. I've only had it for a few weeks and have software updates to schedule in January and will ask about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have anyone else experienced this?

My Stelvio gives out this faint hovering bird like noise every time I shut off the engine, it will last for a few minutes. If I happen to have a bad day, the noise could give me a migraine.

Any idea about where it is from? Is there a fix?
My 2018 does the same thing. Should we call a dealership and ask?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts