Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting thing is that at the end (4:05) he says that it will be available at your local dealership next week. Must be a mistake ???

·
Registered
139 Posts
Posted yesterday so that would mean hitting dealerships before July. Given that we seen those photos of the trucks carrying the Stelvios, I think it's a possibility. But I'm not too sure they'll be available for purchase though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I find it odd that they list the estimated annual fuel cost at $1,750 and then say "You spend $2,000 more in fuel costs over 5 years compared to the average new vehicle."

·
Registered
139 Posts
....Yeah that doesn't make any sense at all to me.

What is the estimated annual fuel cost based off of though? Like how many miles of usage and what not?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find it odd that they list the estimated annual fuel cost at $1,750 and then say "You spend $2,000 more in fuel costs over 5 years compared to the average new vehicle."
I think that means that the average annual fuel cost (among all cars) is $1350. So $400 difference over 5 years is $2000.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That makes more sense. I've never really taken a good hard look at those window stickers as mine are usually ordered to my specification, so the fine print is quite interesting to me.

And this bit about the Stelvio's safety is a bit concerning:
This vehicle is equipped with bumper systems that can withstand a frontal barrier impact speed of 2.5 miles per hour and a rear barrier impact speed of 2.5 miles per hour with no more damage than allowed by the Federal bumper standard.
2.5 mph is nothing compared to the usual cruising speed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm sure there's some sort of explanation to that too as I'm sure they would obviously know that no one travels at that speed unless they're backing into a parking spot or something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That makes more sense. I've never really taken a good hard look at those window stickers as mine are usually ordered to my specification, so the fine print is quite interesting to me.

And this bit about the Stelvio's safety is a bit concerning:

2.5 mph is nothing compared to the usual cruising speed.
The 2.5mph bumper statement is not specific to Stelvio. It's a Federal regulation that applies to all cars in the US market. At higher speeds, bumpers are designed to crumple to absorb impact force. No need to be alarmed :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
That regulation is for pedestrians, stationary objects you would come across, other drivers in traffic, etc. If we didn't have that just imagine how fragile things would be that people run to insurance for and for bigger dollars.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Do you not see how frequently and for the slightest of reasons that people run to insurance for now? With or without it, insurance claims are going to continue to be a regular thing where people try to file a claim for absolutely nothing just so they don't have to go to work :|

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you not see how frequently and for the slightest of reasons that people run to insurance for now? With or without it, insurance claims are going to continue to be a regular thing where people try to file a claim for absolutely nothing just so they don't have to go to work :|
Didn't realize that, what sort of things have people been trying claim on a frequent basis? I'm on the road a lot and don't see much action happen aside from typical accidents. Guess you seen a lot of these claims go through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts