Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Dang...sold the RAV too early could'a raced.

Once you get a Stelvio you should see if someone on the RAV forum wants to race.

Not being sarcastic.

My suspicion is...you'll drive the Stelvio and realize....you don't care anymore though.

Still..be a fun video. Win or lose.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
Dang...sold the RAV too early could'a raced.

Once you get a Stelvio you should see if someone on the RAV forum wants to race.

Not being sarcastic.

My suspicion is...you'll drive the Stelvio and realize....you don't care anymore though.

Still..be a fun video. Win or lose.
I still have it. Headed opposite directions, though. The RAV would shred the Stelvio in a straight line sadly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Disagree the vast majority are just clueless people.

Reactions: Jwg223

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Lusso Verde Visconti
89 Posts
We try to wave at every Italian car we see. I started after a Maserati driver in the oncoming lane rolled his window down just to wave at me back when I had my FIAT 500. I've seen one Alfa in the county where we live since the wife got her Stelvio and that was a parked Giulia with out of state tags. Pretty confident we're the only Alfa in the county.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I tried waving at the two - yes two Stelvios - that I passed headed in the opposite direction as I drove to work today, but I got no response. I think I will try the ‘V’ (aka peace) sign next time. It’s rare to see another AR in my town, but lately there has been an increase in sightings. Maybe the V will catch on.
If we're going to be giving hand signs to other Alfa owners on the road, I would like to propose the following hand signal:

Make a circle with the thumb and index finger of the left hand while curving the middle finger above the the circle. This would create a small "a" character sign, "a" being for Alfa. If you did it with the right hand the "a" would be backward viewed by another motorist, so make sure to do it with the left hand. This sign is generally recognized as the "OK" sign here in the U.S.

Caveats: Don't do it to a Frenchman/woman because it means "you're a zero" or a Brazilian because it means the same as flipping the bird here. Otherwise, you're good to go.

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
124 Posts
I still have it. Headed opposite directions, though. The RAV would shred the Stelvio in a straight line sadly.
Yes, a lRAV4 Prime can easily shred any other SUV, plus Vipers, 911s, McLaens, Ferarris, Tesla Model S Plaids ….

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
So is this... Less fun to drive down curvy backroads, tho.

View attachment 24532
Yes, but I figured Alfa was talking about a straight-line streetlight or roll-on type race. The Prime is just flat out fast AF for what it is. 450+ pounds of torque and 300+hp instantly available tends to have that effect.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
260 Posts
Yes, but I figured Alfa was talking about a straight-line streetlight or roll-on type race. The Prime is just flat out fast AF for what it is. 450+ pounds of torque and 300+hp instantly available tends to have that effect.
You are confused about what an Alfa is.
If all you care about, for your own weird reasons, is straight-line drag acceleration then get a Model 3 Performance+

Cheaper than a Stelvio. And does 0-100 in a straight line on dry roads at 3.3seconds.

That's better than a Quad. Also has more fancy electronical gadgets and a really large iPad glued to the console.

I usually charge $500 for consultation fees. But this one is on me.
You're welcome.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
You are confused about what an Alfa is.
If all you care about, for your own weird reasons, is straight-line drag acceleration then get a Model 3 Performance+

Cheaper than a Stelvio. And does 0-100 in a straight line on dry roads at 3.3seconds.

That's better than a Quad. Also has more fancy electronical gadgets and a really large iPad glued to the console.

I usually charge $500 for consultation fees. But this one is on me.
You're welcome.
I was asked about racing it in a straight line presumably, and I answered. Noone even said what either car was about, it was a cut/dried scenario.

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
124 Posts
Car and Driver is always my go to for independent road tests, mostly because their writing is entertaining as hell.

They tested the Stelvio AWD 2.0 and the 2022 RAV4 Prime and got identical 0-60 times iof 5.4 seconds. Quarter mile was 14.1 at 98 for the Stelvio and 14.0 at 100 for the Prime.

Apparently that little 2.0, without any help from an extra hybrid motor or two, does pretty well.

Maybe Italian horses are just faster than regular horses?

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
260 Posts
Wouldn’t call that “shredding”…

And once that itsy bitsy little battery on the RAV4 is depleted, you aren’t going to be getting those numbers…

The Stelvio actually gets faster the less fuel you have.

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
34 Posts
My wife’s Giulia and my stelvio make up half our total AR sightings here in SE part of Virginia.... yesterday I saw an identical Alfa white stelvio headed the opposite direction and honestly I was kinda PO’d..

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
Wouldn’t call that “shredding”…

And once that itsy bitsy little battery on the RAV4 is depleted, you aren’t going to be getting those numbers…

The Stelvio actually gets faster the less fuel you have.
0-60 and 0-100 no, but when you go from a roll, the Prime would slaughter it. It has the same 30-50 time as a 3.0 Supra, for example, and the 5-60 is 5.8 seconds. From a dead stop is the only chance the Stelvio would have.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts