Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
Wouldn’t call that “shredding”…

And once that itsy bitsy little battery on the RAV4 is depleted, you aren’t going to be getting those numbers…

The Stelvio actually gets faster the less fuel you have.
It never really gets depleted unless you were to track it, and then it will regenerate in a few minutes enough for some roll-ons, it's not like it "runs out and is done".

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
260 Posts
It never really gets depleted unless you were to track it, and then it will regenerate in a few minutes enough for some roll-ons, it's not like it "runs out and is done".
Runs out and then it’s a major drain on your ICE until it’s full again.

Murphy’s Law of Hybrids states that the moment the battery is out you’ll have someone give you the “race you” look at a traffic light.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
Runs out and then it’s a major drain on your ICE until it’s full again.

Murphy’s Law of Hybrids states that the moment the battery is out you’ll have someone give you the “race you” look at a traffic light.
Ive nwver actually run it out, but in theory, yes, although in literally a few minutes it would be good for a few more 0-60 blasts. Again though, this is a competition environment like an actual track, that you'd be able to do this. Even hotlapping on a drag strip would never deplete it, even if there was no line, Id bet. This conversation is similar to arguing whether the Prime would run out, or the stelvio overheat the transmission fluid first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The idea that you have you wave or acknowledge other Alfa is pretty lame IMO. It seems to be a cry for validation. In West LA, around where I live, there are literally dozens of Alfas. You'd get a sore arm waving to everyone.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
328 Posts
I tried to wave but gave up. Soccer moms don’t wave in my area and they seem to drive all the stelvio. Porsche club folks use to flash lights. Now they look at you like a two headed monster.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The other day, at a stop light, I pulled next to a brand new Macan after detailing my car...it was super shiny...

That guy gave me a straight dirty look. I laughed....imagined it's because he was jealous.
speaking of detailing, think your place can help with this? Poor thing is covered in salt and brine. But still cute!
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I don't detail..I diagnose complex problems in automotive mechanical systems....and some times software but only as far as saying..."that's the software." Also do video editing, play with VFX and spoil my dogs.

But I detail my car for fun.

Try a mix of 50%white vinegar in your car wash bucket next wash. Bet it clears that grime right off. Don't do that every wash it can be hard on the finish, but once or twice a season..no problem.

·
Registered
147 Posts
definately will try next time. I use that mix on green mold on the bottom of my shaded walls... never thought to try on my baby...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm driving..down the road, all of a sudden this gorgeous brand new (I think) anodized blue Giulia pulls off a side street and is next to me.

For almost 4 blocks, three stop lights..we drove next to each other.

Never said hi. Did make eye contact about 4 times, with an apologetic look.

The entier time both of us were staring at the others car...the looks came when we weren't paying attention to the road and would start drifting toward the other....🤣🤣

so...to sum up Alfa owners don't wave at other Alfa drivers because we are too busy checking out thier car on the rare instance we see another Alfa on the road. Gotta love it.
I usually flash my lights at them. Most of the time, like you, I get no response.

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
125 Posts
The other day, at a stop light, I pulled next to a brand new Macan after detailing my car...it was super shiny...

That guy gave me a straight dirty look. I laughed....imagined it's because he was jealous.
Base Macan owners are almost exclusively soccer moms or youngish professional dudes who can finally say "I have me a genuine Porsh." 90% of them can't even pronounce Porsche properly. They also don't know your Stelvio is faster than their Macan with the VAG 2.0.

Watch out for the ones with the Quad exhausts, though. They can dust you unless you have a QV.

·
Registered
29 Posts
"I have me a genuine Porsh."
do Corvette owners get the same disdain when they say they have a vette?
Just curious, cause well, all the autoheads know it's two syllables, but when the 1 syllable 'porsh' is used, maybe they're just taking a verbal short cut? like saying merc or chevy.

people saying austin martin, rather than Aston bothers me more than the Porsh word

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
125 Posts
"I have me a genuine Porsh."
do Corvette owners get the same disdain when they say they have a vette?
Just curious, cause well, all the autoheads know it's two syllables, but when the 1 syllable 'porsh' is used, maybe they're just taking a verbal short cut? like saying merc or chevy.

people saying austin martin, rather than Aston bothers me more than the Porsh word
"Vette" is a shortcut. "Porsh" is generally due to ignorance. Up until recently, I owned both a "Vette" and a "Porsh" and I never shortened either of them. However, my wife likes to call the Corvette "Vettie" and the Porsche " That stupid German car with the $300 oil changes."

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
..when I owned one I started saying Porsche correctly...

.....and all my old high school friends started making fun of me, told me I would have to drink any and all drinks out of a tea cup...

So I say porsh.

It was a GTS. Brand new, dealer plates. When it comes to style, really can't compete with the Stelvio. Unless it's a Giulia pretty much. Not that any Porsche looks bad...they don't. It was a pretty SUV.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
definately will try next time. I use that mix on green mold on the bottom of my shaded walls... never thought to try on my baby...
Try Wet N Forget for any kind of mold/moss outdoors on structures. Its awesome, not caustic, and effects last months to years IME.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My wife’s Giulia and my stelvio make up half our total AR sightings here in SE part of Virginia.... yesterday I saw an identical Alfa white stelvio headed the opposite direction and honestly I was kinda PO’d..
Share your sentiments. One of my co-worker bought 2020 stelvio in my color couple years ago. I get confused in the garage and frown each time when the door doesn't open... WHY???? I don't like him....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm driving..down the road, all of a sudden this gorgeous brand new (I think) anodized blue Giulia pulls off a side street and is next to me.

For almost 4 blocks, three stop lights..we drove next to each other.

Never said hi. Did make eye contact about 4 times, with an apologetic look.

The entier time both of us were staring at the others car...the looks came when we weren't paying attention to the road and would start drifting toward the other....🤣🤣

so...to sum up Alfa owners don't wave at other Alfa drivers because we are too busy checking out thier car on the rare instance we see another Alfa on the road. Gotta love it.
Here in Dallas the sightings are becoming more frequent. I almost always exchange a thumbs up. It does bring a smile.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dark tinted side windows prevent any waves from being seen. On comers get a flash flash of respect, a tradition dating back to the 60’s. Original Giulia had a really nice little push in stalk, easy to flash, like it was the reason it was designed that way.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts