Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nut holding an underbody shield fell off. Such shoddy assembly.

No doubt it came loose from bouncing around off-roading for almost 2 years now...

Gosh..such a piece of sh'!..dang Italians and thier untrustworthy machinery...I was such a fool for loving this car...

(If you cant tell, being exteremly sarcastic..this is a nothing problem. It's not uncommon for Jeeps to have more rattle loose doing the same things. Still no rattles in the interior.)

Now the question is....is this an emergency?

I think so...stuff like this is why Auto parts stores and hardware stores are still open right?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Must be some big ass pictures ...
As an aside, I sold a jeep grand wagoneer the first time I took it on a washboard dirt road. Suspension was too stiff for quick fun, rattled like crazy. And severe 4wd understeer. A nice lux freeway cruiser though. And probably good for slow but not too nasty rock crawling.
My dads lincoln was better for fast gravel/dirt road entertainment.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird, they are just over a MB each...

I hit edit and they are there...if you hit the link they pop up.

The base suspension on the Stelvio feels like they wanted you to have fast fun on washboard roads...generally I keep it slow cause the dogs are in back though. They don't seem to appreciate the fun...

·
Registered
292 Posts
My Giulia and Stelvio had NOTHING go wrong so far. Been bulletproof!!
This must be so upsetting, I recommend you sell yours immediately and buy a 2020! :cool::cool:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
"They wanted you to have fun"
Yeah. I didnt get a chance to try it on my loaner, but that was my impression as well.
I really liked the 4cyl version, especially the supple but well controlled suspension.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cursory glance at the parts catalog from the pics tells me it's either #10 06107283AA "NUT, Hex, M6" or #7 68366193AA "NUT"

Could be wrong though. Point out which one in the diagram you think it is if desired. #4 is also a hex nut

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
looks like a total writeoff....:unsure:

Didn't know Lincoln's like it dirty.....

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
It may not have liked it, I know my dad didnt.
It was returned to him with the leaf spring bolts sheared and the springs through the sheet metal in the dust filled trunk.
Although earlier versions did participate in a famous mexican road race, which probably had some rough sections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts