Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of research and reading forums and a quick visit to just look at the car in person I finally got to test drive yesterday
:big-grin

Drove the TI Sport, loved! Smooth shifting, took off when needed, nice light nimble feel to the drive. Beautiful comfortable interior, roomy for its size. Very comfortable ride. I drove mostly in sport and expected it to be more harsh or stiff but found it to be perfect. I did not go crazy on turns with salesperson in the car, I'm always afraid I'm going to crash because we are talking so much about the car LOL. Id really like to test more of its handling but the first impression was great. I am actually looking at getting the 19 inch wheels instead(of 20's included) as I just like the look particularly with the colored calipers, wonder if the drive would be much different?

It had the 8.8 Navi screen. I at first thought it would be very small compared to what I have (10 in touchscreen) but it was longer and did not seem too small at all. I was surprised. I liked you could split the screen between functions (like Tesla but not quite as large). Wish it had the climate controls included in the same dial system. I definitely had trouble adjusting to a knob after having a touchscreen so long but that's a matter of getting used to it. I also wish the steering wheel adjustment was power, I stumbled on reaching the lever to move the wheel. The shifter knob is a little different but I like it.

Some dislikes - the auto stop and go feature - hate it - but this is also the first car I have driven with it, my current car does not have it. But it seems all manufacturers have it so something we will all have to deal with. I don't know any manufacturers implementation of it will be "great" I find it annoying but again maybe just a matter of getting used to. The big paddle shifter do get in the way of the other controls but I know why they are like that, a matter of getting used to. I wish there was more information displayed in the dash and it was more visible. A future HUD would take care of some of that and keep eyes on the road. I found it hard to glance at the info easily, again maybe a matter of training myself exactly where to look while I'm driving.

I'm am going to start a another thread about this but something that smacked my husband before I could even notice was (that does painting - metal but not automotive) extreme orange peel in the paint! I would have seen it eventually but my husband was like a magnet to it - I will elaborate on that in another thread.

I got some interesting information from the dealership on a few things as well which I will be posting in another thread.

Overall absolutely love the car! Top of the list so far for sure. The dealership is getting a green verde in supposedly next week so I can see that color in person. Very interested to see how the car looks bathed in that green and how that might look..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I first drove the car a few weeks ago and took my wife back to the dealership yesterday for her to take it for a spin. She's the more aggressive driver in the family and took it through its paces -- hard acceleration onto highways and tooling it through a curvy backroad with tight turns, all in the rain. Its the most fun she's had driving a car in a long time.

We also like the slightly understated but still luxurious interior design of the car, combined with the distinctive exterior. The build quality also seems excellent.

Still working past a few negatives (no spare, small rear window, and some other quirks) but the car is still at the top of our list. Another car on our list -- the new Volvo XC40 -- arrived at the dealer the other day. I took it out for a drive and was rather disappointed. All the press had me expecting a lot more from the car (I've owned Volvos in the past and been very happy with them). I ended up crossing it off my list without hesitation.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I first drove the car a few weeks ago and took my wife back to the dealership yesterday for her to take it for a spin. She's the more aggressive driver in the family and took it through its paces -- hard acceleration onto highways and tooling it through a curvy backroad with tight turns, all in the rain. Its the most fun she's had driving a car in a long time.

We also like the slightly understated but still luxurious interior design of the car, combined with the distinctive exterior. The build quality also seems excellent.

Still working past a few negatives (no spare, small rear window, and some other quirks) but the car is still at the top of our list. Another car on our list -- the new Volvo XC40 -- arrived at the dealer the other day. I took it out for a drive and was rather disappointed. All the press had me expecting a lot more from the car (I've owned Volvos in the past and been very happy with them). I ended up crossing it off my list without hesitation.

I might be a good idea for you guys to test drive the Cayenne or Macan as they come closest to the Stelvio in terms of being SUV's for drivers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts