Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heavy snow in North East England and tickets for the theatre meant my first trip for the Stelvio in the snow.

It behaved very well apart from on small stretch of ice on a hill took a minute to get through.

While other cars including 4x4 where stranded the Stelvio zoomed past.

I love my car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Snow ???
I found this fairytale place in a wood, the sun was setting, lots of snow and ice, a paradise
You make us so jealous with these beautiful pictures of deep snow as our ski season here in the northeast is shot before March :sad
Isn't it so peaceful to drive through a snow forest, so quiet except for the sound of your Stelvio :smile

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hope you guys are investing in a good set of winter tires because its the greatest investment you can make in your safety, even if its going to cost you $2000 a set!

Open to hearing what anyone here paid for tires.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
the TCS won't allow you to do a doughnut, but it will allow you to do a Scandinavian flick and keep the rear end out a little sideways ;)

Reactions: Scalewoodman

·
Registered
80 Posts
You make us so jealous with these beautiful pictures of deep snow as our ski season here in the northeast is shot before March :sad
Isn't it so peaceful to drive through a snow forest, so quiet except for the sound of your Stelvio :smile
I hear ya'; I have a place in Maine and can't wait to take the new Stelvio up there, but it has been a disappointing ski season as of late.....
Instead of snow, I guess I'll have to test that Q4 all wheel drive system on mud season instead!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Strange 6 inch snow storm in the Sierra Nevada yesterday. Drove the TI up though chain controls to go skiing and it performed incredibly. I actually feel more comfortable traction-wise in the Alfa vs my 4WD GMC Canyon. I also get these looks like..."what is that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts