Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knowing now there a few owners living in WA state (and seeing some pics from the Italian show in Issaquah), I was wondering if anyone has had issue with not having a front plate displayed.

I'm picking mine up soon and was wondering if I can try and avoid not having one up front.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm not in WA, but did live in a state (NJ) requiring front plates, and the general experience was that it was an excuse for the police to stop you if they needed a reason. The other issue is vehicle inspection. That said, I was never stopped over the 15 or more years I drove without one. I did have to put the plate on once a year for inspection.

Ray

·
Registered
66 Posts
Knowing now there a few owners living in WA state (and seeing some pics from the Italian show in Issaquah), I was wondering if anyone has had issue with not having a front plate displayed.

I'm picking mine up soon and was wondering if I can try and avoid not having one up front.
There has been a lot of discussion on this subject in threads over at the GiuliaForum, including of the State of Worshington. WA Sate requires the front plate even on the Giulia/Stelvio. One menber tried to get an exception for the Giulia, WA DOT said no. The fine is about $150? It seems that many drive without the front plate, take the chance and have been OK (including other sports sedan and sport cars --- you'll see lots of them on the road). I ended up cutting down my plate (on top and side without blocking any important info, 1/2" or so on top and sides) so it fits my base Giulia's black grille area with no air blockage, not so good on the Ti. I didn't care at all for the tow bracket holder for the Giulia's. I have no idea if this would work on the Stelvio. Stevio Member Cambir has a Stelvio and at the Issaquah show he had no front plate. You might want to PM him for his experience and opinion. Before I got my plate mounted I carried the front plate inside my Giulia and placed it up on the dash in plain sight whenever parked or if I spotted police. I had some padding one side of the plate so it tilted up a bit when slitting on the dash. Some folks thought this was a good idea if they go stopped. They could explain to the officer that they had the bracket on order. Might work?

Good Luck :D
Chuck

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't put mine on. Didn't run one on my Mustang for five years and no issues. If I get a ticket I'll report back (and probably put it on, LOL).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts