Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why it would be disabled ? I saw it active a couple of times and I have around 1350 miles. Most of the times the warning is not activated and I got really close to a car today and it did not warn me. When I checked the warning was disabled. Any ideas? Looks like it’s buggy ...

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wouldn’t trust those sensors too much...a lot of times they tell me to check my surroundings and beep while nothing is close to my car. I know it shouldn’t be this way - it’s very frastrating BUT possibly has something to do with installing a front license plate (in my case) I
didn’t want to drill wholes in a body and purchased a mounting kit. Have u checks if anything is blocking your sensors?? Maybe that’s y system turns them off automatically, specially if it’s a later built model?....if not then prob a bug

·
Registered
228 Posts
Forward Collision warning issue

Based on the manual it is automatically activated when you start the car whether it was on or off when you shut the car off. I'm parked in my garage so my front end is close to the wall and it goes on after I start the car so I push the deactivate/activate button to shut it off because I don't need that noise noise while I'm backing out. Once I'm out of the garage I push the button to activate it again. I haven't had any issues with it otherwise. You might try the solution cited on the "Liftgate won't fully close" thread to see if that works. Otherwise I think you may need to see the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know why it would be disabled ? I saw it active a couple of times and I have around 1350 miles. Most of the times the warning is not activated and I got really close to a car today and it did not warn me. When I checked the warning was disabled. Any ideas? Looks like it’s buggy ...
I'm a new owner as of April '18... Firstly, every gadget and option on the Alfa is so difficult to manage and find on the options screen.. Really!!!!!!!!!!

However, to your issue and mention of deactivated collision sensors... I've noticed that the location of the on/off is easily touched and turned off
when signalling.. be conscious of that and look for the activation signal on your dash... Please correct me if I'm wrong and that's not the cruise distance
monitor and collision system ... Good luck...

Further and my biggest peeve right now is that Alfa built this "Stellar" automobile without being conscious that the system doesn't pair with the iPhone
Siri function... WTF is that... Everyone who uses an iPhone or Android would expect that function (IN 2018) without having to ask if it's installed... Apple Carplay sounds
and looks fun but..... BUT.... not able to search or inquire using your phone when driving is poor poor planning AND dangerous... I just found out after checking everything I could
read and search word:***** just yesterday I heard back from their C/S center that my car was built before CarPlay was planned for and there is no provision in the existing hardware
to add the software to upgrade it.... I'm pissed and they just brushed it off... sorry, wasn't in my series car when built and doesn't have it and too bad!... What else did they poorly plan or not that
we haven't had the history to learn exist or doesn't?............ COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Raytarantino: First- welcome to the Posse! Many of us bought knowing this detail, having done research on line prior to signing on the dotted line and it wasn't that important to us. In fact, speaking for myself, I am a bit of a renegade as a consumer and appreciate unique and meaningful differentiation and brand emotion. Driving is driving and other than phone calls, for many of us, our tech is compartmentalized and the experience is more of an escape. That plus the pillaging of the publishing industry and artificially high pricing of electronic intellectual property/control of the industry (price agreements) falls squarely on guru Steve Jobs (and Jeff Bezos). So as a rebel against these forces, Siri is not invited into my life. Discussion for another day.

But the good deal you got on your vehicle was in a large part due to this feature late in the game. There is no obligation to add features retroactively.

That said, most of us (not all) don't see it as an antagonist thing and the suggestion that other aspects of the vehicle are compromised is overstatement and emotional. Sorry you are disappointed but for lots of us we got what we paid for and are satisfied.

You should see the amazing upgrades to U Connect, but the unique differentiation I of this vehicle more than makes up for the unfortunate one thing.

Since you asked...

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Just to add- the display on the dash relates to sensitivity of the active CC and the other the lane departure (button end of stalk toggles in/out). Sensitivity and settings of collision avoidance are menu set in the multifunction display in the center screen- but they are passive and should always work.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
The issue that seems to be the biggest concern is lack of clear information about the interfaces to Google phones and ios and availability and it is a sticky wicket until it is sorted out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow and will keep you posted. Dealer says its not normal and has to check it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
False alarm I guess...apparently the option in infotainment (to adjust sensitivity) is disabled when driving and I think the manual does not say it. The dealer said there were two others that came to check if it really worked. Its on all the time and we could not test it out but I heard it beep and warn couple days back when I was accelerating and the car in front slowed down.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Go to the service, the radar could have problem or the system require a firmware upgrade

·
Read Only
849 Posts
I'm a new owner as of April '18... Firstly, every gadget and option on the Alfa is so difficult to manage and find on the options screen.. Really!!!!!!!!!!

However, to your issue and mention of deactivated collision sensors... I've noticed that the location of the on/off is easily touched and turned off
when signalling.. be conscious of that and look for the activation signal on your dash... Please correct me if I'm wrong and that's not the cruise distance
monitor and collision system ... Good luck...

Further and my biggest peeve right now is that Alfa built this "Stellar" automobile without being conscious that the system doesn't pair with the iPhone
Siri function... WTF is that... Everyone who uses an iPhone or Android would expect that function (IN 2018) without having to ask if it's installed... Apple Carplay sounds
and looks fun but..... BUT.... not able to search or inquire using your phone when driving is poor poor planning AND dangerous... I just found out after checking everything I could
read and search word:***** just yesterday I heard back from their C/S center that my car was built before CarPlay was planned for and there is no provision in the existing hardware
to add the software to upgrade it.... I'm pissed and they just brushed it off... sorry, wasn't in my series car when built and doesn't have it and too bad!... What else did they poorly plan or not that
we haven't had the history to learn exist or doesn't?............ COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!!!
If you want change your car with mine..... lol

I well know your feeling, the history of my stelvio is a legend in Maserati in Modena.

What I can say, the car is very young, electronic in alfa is very young, I hope in a miracle.

I have, with me, in every travel, the multiecuscan pc for check and recovery issues, that’s all.

But in the race track is a meteor !!!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
the car wasn't designed to be an accessory for a phone.

the first thing I did when siri was installed on my iphone was disable it.
I expect I will enjoy driving mine enough that my phone will happily be ignored - as it is now when I'm driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have issues (more like ideas on how to solve for...) with the FCW sensor in the bumper getting covered in snow/slush or mud and throwing an alert. I'm trying think of a way to keep that sensor free and clear.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
It happened a couple of times to me- and observing the design of 'other's it should be no better/no worse. The only thing would be warmth (auxiliary heat) however during bad weather the camera's view is obscured by the slush on the road + how useful do you think it could be in a low visibility situation given low traction and ambient precipitation?

Maybe add a tee to the warmed washer fluid + a nozzle next to it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts