Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My owners manual covers what the FCW does and how to set it up. My window sticker states my Stelvio has the Forward Collision Warning Plus, but my owners manual does not cover what the FCW Plus provides. I asked the dealer and the Alfa customer support center and neither are sure. They both say they will get back with me, but I have heard that before without response. I believe it might be an enhancement of braking, but not sure. Has anybody asked and gotten an answer about this?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
There's a video for that however I could only find the Giulia version. I do believe they are the same- hope this helps -
it is a useful and helpful feature and non-intrusive unless needed. Worth having if for no other reason than insurance discount. https://youtu.be/zLEK-KhDOac

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a video for that however I could only find the Giulia version. I do believe they are the same- hope this helps -
it is a useful and helpful feature and non-intrusive unless needed. Worth having if for no other reason than insurance discount. https://youtu.be/zLEK-KhDOac
Thanks, I did watch the video, it does not really state anything about the Plus part, but does state additional braking if equipped. I am thinking that is the Plus part.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The best that I can determine, the plus will give braking in case of a collision to a full stop. That is how I understand it

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
The best that I can determine, the plus will give braking in case of a collision to a full stop. That is how I understand it

Pretty sure you are correct- best example is the European crash test video (posted 2X on here) showing the pedestrian test/vehicle coming to a full stop.

I am up to 5X it has activated so far (and I am a careful driver at least in my own mind where I'm also a legend); last week on the Schuylkill Expressway in heavy traffic (yes I was paying attention I think) a pretty hard stop close to locking up the brakes or at least between Stella and I working together. As the miles click on, I am learning to appreciate the 2nd set of eyes.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts