Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , i have received my new stelvio 2020 , I’m wondering how to test the FCW as in all times while driving and even going so near to the car infront of me I don’t get any warning.
Is there is a specific conditions that the alarm come. For instance is the brake deactivate the function?
how i can test if the radar is working or not ? I don’t have any faulty messages.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Get a body pillow.

Have a friend stand on the side of the road with it.

Drive down the road.

Have the friend toss the pillow in front of the car like...right as you are about to pass. Do it so the front of the car will hit the pillow.

See what happens. Really.

Dont panic and eff something up. Use a side road..no traffic. I'd keep it around 25mph too.

Really though..I remember reading something where that was the recommended test procedure. Sounds fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a body pillow.

Have a friend stand on the side of the road with it.

Drive down the road.

Have the friend toss the pillow in front of the car like...right as you are about to pass. Do it so the front of the car will hit the pillow.

See what happens. Really.

Dont panic and eff something up. Use a side road..no traffic. I'd keep it around 25mph too.

Really though..I remember reading something where that was the recommended test procedure. Sounds fun.
It’s working i got a warning to brake 😂

·
Registered
119 Posts
Or you could drive in my neighborhood and have a herd of deer run in front of you! Car brakes and deer passed unscathed.

Same place my Honda Civic has been hit twice because we could Not stop in time.

definitely a great feature and the pillow test is probably a better idea but doesn’t have the same emotional response from the passengers!

·
185 Posts
I've thought about putting a tarp or something similar on a quiet side street and just letting the car auto brake for me....or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the warning buzzer go off occasionally when somebody is turning right onto a side street in front of me. Apparently I get too close, assuming they will be out of the way before I get there. I don't know if you could safely do that intentionally, but thought I'd throw it out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts