·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Ouch.

Seems like there is a thread about them somewhere though.

Sounds like someone was stealing money from the dealership, like a finance guy maybe. Could be the dealer but that would be a stupid business decision...no way you won't get caught not paying off trades. No way.

Not saying the dealer is good. If it was theft they hired the guy..my experience people hire people like themselves in one way or another.... crooks hire crooks.

Still doubt the GM or owner decided to not pay-off trades..unless they are the ones stealing, could be....

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
News of this has been floating around circles here in Dallas for a bit and now the local news has picked up on it.

KamKad - who owns these dealerships, to me, has always possessed this 'red flag' quality to it. The Dallas location is (was?) a temporary building by Love Field and when it opened customers were told a permanent building would "start building in the next few months". Nope. The service center was off site and they wouldn't tell you where it was, exactly ("just bring your car here, and we'll take it over for you"). I'd been to the dealership several times, each, the sales staff was different and never did I meet someone who had even close to a satisfactory level of knowledge about the brand or model.

They also were promoting this insane warranty package that seemed too good to be true, and I'm sure it was.

Word in town is they've also notified customers they've stopped providing loaners for service calls. A luxury brand not providing loaners. smh.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I kept thinking that this is sounding like another Reagor-Dykes situation (defunct shady car dealer in West Texas). Turns out KamKad made a bid to buy up the Reagor-Dykes dealerships. Kamkad's website has also gone black for now.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That is crazy. Sounds like this guy is a serious con artist.

Might be wrong but sure does seem like large scale con artists are having a field day currently...just saw a freelance job posting to "create customer testimonials", looking for excellent prose and creative writing skills...like they arent even trying to hide anymore.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That is crazy. Sounds like this guy is a serious con artist.

Might be wrong but sure does seem like large scale con artists are having a field day currently...just saw a freelance job posting to "create customer testimonials", looking for excellent prose and creative writing skills...like they arent even trying to hide anymore.
Just the world we live in now. Critical thinking has left the building in this modern internet age. Then again did it ever really exist among the masses? Is it just that the audiences are far wider then they were 25 or 100 years ago.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
- there was another dealer group in northern Arizona that did the same thing. Not paying off the lien on the customer's trade in. There were so many complaints, the FTC got involved.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Where in Northen Az?

Family is in Prescott, hadnt heard about anything.

Not surprising though, the Auto industry in Northern Az is what got me out of auto repair forever. Horrible, like stepping in a time machine and coming out at the worst dealership imaginable in 1962.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I knew which one it was just from the subject line. There's been a lot of complaints on this forum about those dealerships. Glad by pure luck of where I live I didn't go to one of those.

Guess I'll need to avoid both Dallas & McKinney stealership for my upcoming annual service. Roadtrip to Fort Worth!

Essence has been decent for me and they are only in Hurst so you don't have to go all the way across Fort Worth. I had my first service about a month ago and they had it all done in a couple hours. I wasn't waiting there as I live close by so I just got a ride home for the day. Didn't try to pull some scam and charge me or anything. I haven't actually had any paid services there yet however so I have no idea if their service rates are ridiculous or not.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thankfully I didn't purchase car from them. I did purchase an after market extended warranty (windshield coverage) from them which they assured me was for windshield replacement and not just repair. I requested a full refund when I found out it was only for repair.

It took several months to receive my refund after making dozens of calls/visits to the dealership.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
near Navajo Nation

Where in Northen Az?

Family is in Prescott, hadnt heard about anything.

Not surprising though, the Auto industry in Northern Az is what got me out of auto repair forever. Horrible, like stepping in a time machine and coming out at the worst dealership imaginable in 1962.
I apologize, it's more like Eastern AZ near New Mexico: I ran into somebody in SoCal that got burnt:

https://www.autonews.com/dealers/tates-auto-group-toppled-financial-legal-troubles

·
Registered
9 Posts
I leased a Stelvio from the McKinney dealership in November 2018. Took two months for them to pay off my trade. I had to hire an attorney to send them a demand letter and finally received paperwork to process the title and get my tag after four months. The initial process was great but I should have known something was up when they took my trade without question even though it was only in my husband's name and he was not present. As soon as I posted my first negative review, the staff completely stopped responding to me. I called Alfa Romeo corporate who immediately told me they had multiple complaints about this dealership. I kept trying to get them to tell me what they were doing about it since this was obviously tarnishing their brand. They never would tell me and the behavior continued so I think they were pretty powerless. They did end up giving me a $500 accessories credit for my trouble. I also opened a case with the Texas DMV. The investigator that had my case seemed determined to revoke KamKad's license and their ability to sell cars in Texas. He said he has over 20 open cases and this was in February. At the end of this, KamKad sent me a check for the additional payment that I had made on my trade as well as for the attorney's fees. When I went to process the paperwork for my tag, their check was $150 short. My attorney emailed them and they said they would send another check. It never happened so I'm out the $150. I did get a great deal on the car and absolutely love it so I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad I saw this. I purchased my car at Essence but live close to this dealership as Essence will be an hour out. I got my first oil change also at Essence but got the recall fixed here. They said they do not have a loaner or drop off service and also said some of their service folks are not showing up to work or something and rescheduled one of my visit. They said their system was not working and did not even give me the work order print out. I am not going back to this dealership. Touch wood, no issues so far with my Stelvio but if dealer availability becomes an issue I would have to move to a different brand at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FCA help is here!

I leased a Stelvio from the McKinney dealership in November 2018. Took two months for them to pay off my trade. I had to hire an attorney to send them a demand letter and finally received paperwork to process the title and get my tag after four months. The initial process was great but I should have known something was up when they took my trade without question even though it was only in my husband's name and he was not present. As soon as I posted my first negative review, the staff completely stopped responding to me. I called Alfa Romeo corporate who immediately told me they had multiple complaints about this dealership. I kept trying to get them to tell me what they were doing about it since this was obviously tarnishing their brand. They never would tell me and the behavior continued so I think they were pretty powerless. They did end up giving me a $500 accessories credit for my trouble. I also opened a case with the Texas DMV. The investigator that had my case seemed determined to revoke KamKad's license and their ability to sell cars in Texas. He said he has over 20 open cases and this was in February. At the end of this, KamKad sent me a check for the additional payment that I had made on my trade as well as for the attorney's fees. When I went to process the paperwork for my tag, their check was $150 short. My attorney emailed them and they said they would send another check. It never happened so I'm out the $150. I did get a great deal on the car and absolutely love it so I'm ok with that.
Here's the latest..FCA/Alfa Romeo help is now available:

On Your Side: Fiat-Chrysler helping with complaints about North Texas dealership - Story | KDFW

1 - 20 of 32 Posts