Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove the assembly, but I'm afraid that I will brake it.
I have managed to remove the black shiny trim, but it is not needed.
Behind the mirror, it is very easy to remove that cover.
I'm planning to install my previous car's dash cam, and a Redline laser detector, since I already have them.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
261 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, but I'm looking to open up the dome light console. On mine, on the cover that you have removed there, is a plastic box with a wire harness going there. I'm not sure what is that. I have the base model. That is weird that you have a Ti Sport and you don't have that?
I'm doing custom work, so I need some space somewhere, to hide 12v to 5v USB adapter, I have modified my old dash cam, to have an external battery plug w/battery, so when it dies, I don't have to open up the camera. So, I need to hide these somewhere.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
261 Posts
Thanks for that, but I'm looking to open up the dome light console. On mine, on the cover that you have removed there, is a plastic box with a wire harness going there. I'm not sure what is that. I have the base model. That is weird that you have a Ti Sport and you don't have that?
I'm doing custom work, so I need some space somewhere, to hide 12v to 5v USB adapter, I have modified my old dash cam, to have an external battery plug w/battery, so when it dies, I don't have to open up the camera. So, I need to hide these somewhere.
I just posted the way to remove the covers to get to a harness that will give you 12v. There is some room in there. Not sure how much to fit your stuff. I don’t have a dime light as I have sunroof

can you post a picture.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm referring to the dome light/sunroof opener console.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
261 Posts
I just posted the way to remove the covers.
I just posted the way to remove the covers to get to a harness that will give you 12v. There is some room in there. Not sure how much to fit your stuff. I don’t have a dime light as I have sunroof

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
261 Posts
Never did it:

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, has to be pulled very hard, OK sounds risky.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
I'm also building a very small subwoofer. Most likely won't have enough internal capacity, but I will try it out and see how it will work. I'm trying to use a 10" JLAudio shallow sub. I have removed all the foam from the back. I'm tearing it apart already, and I have just purchased it in April.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts