Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the front license plate using the bracket that came with the car. It puts the plate in the middle of the driver side air intake, and it seems to be interfering with the front sensor. Any suggestions on a different bracket that allows for a higher mounting?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Why install the front plate? I have discussed with CHP guys and you will never get pulled over. Front license plates look like $#$#@#$

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wish they would allow us to go without a front plate in Ohio! Anybody know of a good bracket and placement for the front plate?

·
Registered
151 Posts
My wife was pulled over by CHP 1 week after we received plates. I did not install the front plate and she got the ticket. Now I have a front plate.
I hate the bracket and did not want to drill holes. I used tie straps instead. Here is how it looks. No interference with the sensors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Install this - my dealer does it at purchase for Alfas/Maseratis/Ferarris
theres a video at the bottom that shows how it works

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Powered-License-Plate-Frame/dp/B001TLLZ4E
HA! love it, leave it stowed all the time, and in case you get pulled over deploy it when you see the lights. he walks around asking about the plate you just look at him confused and say what are you talking about officer? he walks around the front and comes back to apologize! ok, that last part certainly wouldn't happen, but at least no ticket!

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Texas, the DPS Troopers use not having a front plate all the time to pull me over. When I went to Dallas to purchase my Stelvio I was pulled over because I had a Saab 9-7X plate on my trade and not a regular plate. I got a warning. I plan to go to the dealer to see how to install the holder.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I just installed a tow hook mounting bracket - so was able to get the state inspection sticker, but now have the parking sensor issue.
other than putting different holes in the plate so it sits farther away from the sensor ( I think that should work), any solutions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts