Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car in for warranty service because the front parking sensors were always going off. The dealership told me it’s because the car was hit and all sensors had to be replaced for the low price of $1,200, we had a small mark on the passenger bumper that wiped off. After going in circles with them for ten minutes I left, filed a claim for insurance, and took the car to an auto body shop who told me there was no damage to the car. After reading here I took off the front license plate holder and voila, they work as they should. I need a license plate in my state, has anyone found a fix for this?

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I took my car in for warranty service because the front parking sensors were always going off. The dealership told me it’s because the car was hit and all sensors had to be replaced for the low price of $1,200, we had a small mark on the passenger bumper that wiped off. After going in circles with them for ten minutes I left, filed a claim for insurance, and took the car to an auto body shop who told me there was no damage to the car. After reading here I took off the front license plate holder and voila, they work as they should. I need a license plate in my state, has anyone found a fix for this?
A dishonest dealer - that is terrible. Several posts around on how to place the license plate in the front without attaching it to the bumper and to avoid blocking sensors. It boils down to a screw through the tow hole (looking at the front - on left side). The plate bracket is positioned above the collision sensor. Amazon, WalMart and others sell it. This is what I have:

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/Tow-Hook-Front-License-Plate-Mount-Relocator-p/aa2285h.htm

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After calling Alfa corporate to complain I took the Stelvio back to the dealership, it took this long to get an appointment.
Now they tell me I installed the plate on the wrong side. I put it on the drivers side, the plate mounting bracket came with two plastic anchors that fit into predrilled holes on the bumper, everything lined up. They also said the missing headlamp washer door is not warranty. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
we can't really help you but @AlfaRomeoCares should be able to.
properly installed factory mount kits aren't an issue, and proper adjustable aftermarket kits work for those that don't like the factory mount.

your dealer sounds like a real problem - who are they?

·
Registered
508 Posts
The forum moderators should really start a thread specifically for these kinds of dealers to be listed. It will not only help customers and customers to be, but AR as well. Identifying thieves and con-men is never a bad thing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Good news, dealership is repairing the headlamp under warranty, they are charging me $70 to adjust the license plate but Alfa Care said they will reimburse me.

Thank God the beeping will stop.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
This kind of posts in Italy isn’t allow, a good idea can be create a good dealers list.
I don’t Know if in usa the defamation is punished but in italy yes.

Good guys list ok.
Bad guys list no.

The only way when we meet a not compliant dealer is to contact Alfa Romeo and report it

·
Registered
508 Posts
Defamation is not allowed in the US either but a rating system is very common. Customers are allowed to talk about their experiences and praise or criticize merchants of any type. Most common is a star based feed back and review system. (5 stars for excellence 4 stars for good etc)

No reason we can't have it added to the Forum pull down tab.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
truth isn't defamation, and there aren't many businesses that want to attract more attention to their shoddy service by starting a likely to lose lawsuit.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
In Italy is different, if you post a phrase like : this dealer x is unprofessional and take more money for a simple task, is a dishonest garage. You can be sure that you are in trouble. We are a strange nation with funny laws

·
Registered
508 Posts
In Italy is different, if you post a phrase like : this dealer x is unprofessional and take more money for a simple task, is a dishonest garage. You can be sure that you are in trouble. We are a strange nation with funny laws
wait a minute, so if you buy something on Amazon and you get the wrong product or it arrives VERY late or has some other problem, you can't give the merchant a good or bad review in Italy???!!!

WHAAAAAT??

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
a slightly different phrase than, roughly, "they told me all the sensors had to be replaced due to an accident. all it needed was different mounting of the license plate."

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Good news, dealership is repairing the headlamp under warranty, they are charging me $70 to adjust the license plate but Alfa Care said they will reimburse me.

Thank God the beeping will stop.

@Gregdrose: Did the beeping stop?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yesterday I had same problem and went mental, front sensors every time I stop where activ even nothing was in front of me, I found in menu driver assistance front parking sensors to switch off, when I came back home I adjust front licence plate holder I put higher and problem solwed, due to its italian car and they have front licence plate smaller than back one and every other country who has bigger it can cause problem, even this is old news but from this forum I found out... Regards from Croatia.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts