Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Recent 125 mile trip all freeway in SF Bay area. Let my wife drive (light foot) in "A" mode.....29 mpg!!

I average about 24 all N and D mode

·
Registered
228 Posts
Fuel Guage and MPG

FYI. In the very beginning of the manual on the page behind "DEAR CUSTOMER" says "READ THIS CAREFULLY" and under that title is "Refueling". It says "Do not use fuel containing methanol or ethanol E85. Using these mixtures may cause misfiring and driving issues, as well as damage vital components of the supply system." You better find some premium gas without methanol or ethanol. Fuel tank is 16.9 gallons. I haven't calculated my MPG yet but I know I'm at least over 20mpg and I don't have a light foot. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well some hard numbers for you folks. Started with only 300 on odometer for the trip. Anyway I drove 492 miles, took 16.4 gallons for 30mpg!!! WOW! This was at 75 -80 on highways and 65 on back roads with multiple passes!! You first get the low fuel amber warning ~75 miles or so. Then at ~50 miles the last mark and bottom of gauge turns red. Now for the fun part. At ~35-37 miles of range left, it goes blank. I saw this and was testing range so with a half gallon left you can get 500 miles out of a tankful. Coming home without the back road 65 driving for ~120miles, meaning all highway at 75-80 mph I gassed up at home and still got 27.3 and that includes 15 minutes of stop n go traffic. I am actually getting better mileage than the trip computer on first fill up and was within .5 mpg on second fill up so this is about the MOST accurate trip computer I've had since my XJ's. BTW all in normal mode.

BTW 20 will have little to do with mileage, the rubber, if High perf or max Perf may at MOST take 1 mpg. If you live or drive in hilly terrain and she's on boost a lot, that is why your mileage is so low or YOU ARE NOT USING CRUISE CONTROL on the highway. NO HUMAN FOOT will be that smooth.

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Well some hard numbers for you folks. Started with only 300 on odometer for the trip. Anyway I drove 492 miles, took 16.4 gallons for 30mpg!!! WOW! This was at 75 -80 on highways and 65 on back roads with multiple passes!! You first get the low fuel amber warning ~75 miles or so. Then at ~50 miles the last mark and bottom of gauge turns red. Now for the fun part. At ~35-37 miles of range left, it goes blank. I saw this and was testing range so with a half gallon left you can get 500 miles out of a tankful. Coming home without the back road 65 driving for ~120miles, meaning all highway at 75-80 mph I gassed up at home and still got 27.3 and that includes 15 minutes of stop n go traffic. I am actually getting better mileage than the trip computer on first fill up and was within .5 mpg on second fill up so this is about the MOST accurate trip computer I've had since my XJ's. BTW all in normal mode.

BTW 20 will have little to do with mileage, the rubber, if High perf or max Perf may at MOST take 1 mpg. If you live or drive in hilly terrain and she's on boost a lot, that is why your mileage is so low or YOU ARE NOT USING CRUISE CONTROL on the highway. NO HUMAN FOOT will be that smooth.
Lost?! Lost? Are you there? LOL

Visconte- a man after my heart. Getting similar distances and appreciating how Stella purrs sometimes and roars in D mode when needed.

Nice. I am not the only one hyper miling Prius-es.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
are I there?
do you think i'm buying mine to save gas? oh, absolutely, the way I drive it will be functioning as a 1500 cc triple, and I'll get a gazillion miles to the gallon, and be very smug about it. haha
I still won't use cruise control, never used it on any of my cars, don't much like it, and if I wanted to drive like that I'd get a toyaudi.
but you all may feel free to chase prius numbers all you want, and enjoy it as much as you can.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
upgrades suggested for you economy enthusiasts, first is skinny wheels and tires, second a lowering kit (which might make up for the skinny wheels and tires, and could be useful for others as well), and third, but most important is the autonomous driver upgrade, as no human will be that smooth. this is available from an aftermarket firm called tesla, who don't make motor vehicles but instead concentrate on providing electrical software devices to allow you to enjoy other interests during the transportation experience.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
upgrades suggested for you economy enthusiasts, first is skinny wheels and tires, second a lowering kit (which might make up for the skinny wheels and tires, and could be useful for others as well), and third, but most important is the autonomous driver upgrade, as no human will be that smooth. this is available from an aftermarket firm called tesla, who don't make motor vehicles but instead concentrate on providing electrical software devices to allow you to enjoy other interests during the transportation experience.

Eventually a horse, very economical and lovely

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Hmmm... thinking... wonder if AR could come up with some sort of harness? Maybe some elegant Italian leather... perhaps our friends from Maserati responsible for those amazing lux interiors could step up! Of course the Feds would find some way to spoil the party over greenhouse emissions or road residue. On second thought...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Lost, if you blew by 1,3,5 8 cars at a clip like I did on way to Loaf, you would never think I could get that kind of mileage. She's very smooth and pulling hard at 115 btw. That's why I only got 27.3 on second tank hehe. I never buy a car for the mpg numbers. I am just proof positve that on the highway this thing exceeds expectations. When you drive 375 miles non stop like I do, to not use cruise control would be ???? Nothing more annoying that getting behind/infront/et someone on the highway that is just plain inconsistent even though THEY think they are the better driver next to you. I can follow a steady driver at 2car lengths for hours on long trips and vica versa. I am not hypermiling, I am smooth. This whole manly man with a manual and a lead foot thing has a place at the track or on some vacant back road. Think of me like Scott Dixon...very smooth. Wins a lot too because of it.
BTW death to Prius

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Is is an unfortunate fact that a lot of folks that get lousy mileage just aren't very good drivers. I've taught a bunch of them....all right foot with little corresponding skill in the other departments so they make up for those deficiencies with more right foot...

·
Registered
275 Posts
2k miles so far, spirited driving on Dynamic. Do these numbers look about right?

17.9mpg
279 miles range running the tank to near empty "red"

BTW, roughly how many more miles are left when the fuel level goes to "red"?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
my goodness, just because I don't like cruise control I get all this "little corresponding skill", "manly man", make up for deficiencies" BS? 375 miles non-stop whooee now that's high miles road trip.

ok, those who can do, those who can't teach, and yes I have the box of trophy's which might be some evidence of some ability and smoothness. whatever, but they are rather out of date, as I am. I'm like a girl now, I just wanna have fun.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I in no way inferred YOU lost as lacking skill. I have seen what I said above more often than I care to recollect. I am a huge fan of just carrying consistent speed thru corners. Very few public roads with their 25mph yellow warning signs get paid any heed to a change in speed. Think of it as Miata momentum driving. If you don't slow down you don't need to reaccelerate. Nothing personal

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
just a reminder, because these are direct injection cars, running out of gas may cause actual damage, as opposed to inconvenience.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Tanks. No fuel to cool cylinders??

41 - 60 of 84 Posts