Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you back out and then pull forward (shift from R to D), do you get the N gear from time to time if you are not extra careful, say you are in a hurry on a busy parking lot?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hasn't happened yet (unless I forget to push the front button on the stick).

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Yes. Which I attribute to user error too.

One shortcut: when ending a trip if you press 'stop/start' it automatically goes to 'P'. Also- with auto parking brake disabled- when parking on any slope it applies automatically (I still check visually), a thoughtful safety feature.

Also- the rearview camera delay feature (by setting) is nice to verify garage door closure as pulling away.

And I totally love the operation and intuitive operation of the transmission overall.

Technology is both friend and enemy at times.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Hasn't happened yet (unless I forget to push the front button on the stick).
Correct, if you don't push the button when you shift it will cycle into N, but pressing the button then shifting it goes directly between P R and D depending on what direction you are looking for.

Reactions: Scalewoodman

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
So I'm not the only one. :grin

The only time it's 'hairy' is in the middle of a 3-point turn in traffic or backing up in tight quarters. Probably time for me to work on best practice for this operation...

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
you have to get in the habit of clicking the button before shifting. In fact when I shift into D, I do so solely with my finger that's on the button itself. This acts like a double action trigger on an old revolver. First it clicks the button, then a little more pressure and the whole shifter moves thus placing it into D with one pull of the finger.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
125 Posts
Just flick the right paddle shifter. Instant D from any other gear. Voila!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts