Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 'Genuine Stelvio/Giulia Battery Charger & Conditioner' off eBay for a good deal but I haven't got round to trying it yet.

The instructions say to refer to the manual but still not 100% sure where it connects?

I understand it connects to the battery in the boot but from the manual it mentions it must go through the IBS which is positioned next to the negative terminal. Do I just connect it to the positive and negative and it runs through the IBS or is there a separate connector to go through the IBS?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
To any chassis ground point ( it's easier not to connect directly to negative post on battery, connecting to chassis ground also ensures IBS sensor is included) and positive terminal on the battery, assuming you want to make a permanent connection....
pos connection.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks for that. The kit comes with a the connector like in your picture to leave there so would be a permanent connection. Cheers

·
Registered
329 Posts
Great thanks for that. The kit comes with a the connector like in your picture to leave there so would be a permanent connection. Cheers
You might need to place 2 or 3 washers underneath the pos eyelet, to keep it more or less horizontal ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
To any chassis ground point ( it's easier not to connect directly to negative post on battery, connecting to chassis ground also ensures IBS sensor is included) and positive terminal on the battery, assuming you want to make a permanent connection....
pos connection.jpg
If that's the case, can the charger maintainer be connected to the remote jump start points under the hood with the same results? I think you confirmed this in another discussion. I have been using the charger, trickle charger from the under the hood points with no issues. The problem I have is that Alfa and its instructions have always been a little vague on this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If that's the case, can the charger maintainer be connected to the remote jump start points under the hood with the same results? I think you confirmed this in another discussion. I have been using the charger, trickle charger from the under the hood points with no issues. The problem I have is that Alfa and its instructions have always been a little vague on this.
Yes, should be absolutely no problem, as the negative post under the bonnet is also directly connected to the chassis....
(IBS/intelligent battery sensor is connected between the battery negative post and chassis/ground connection)
Just a matter of what's most convenient.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You will have it installed in 1 minute. Good call to care for your battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m trying to connect to ground in the boot, where is best place apart from negative terminal ? I can’t find anywhere and can’t find a but to go on top of existing connection.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
the manual says this is unnecessary unless you are leaving the vehicle unused for four plus weeks.
the way a car should be. I've gone three and it started right up - the way a car should.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts