Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a thread on this yet so here it goes.

It's available for 2.0 engines and installs in about 30 minutes taking your sweet time. Result is snappier throttle response and spool of the turbo. Butt dyno confirms it but who knows? Ships from AU super fast and priced reasonably. You can read all about what a DV+ does/replaces and see if it's a good fit for your hopes and dreams :)

GFB Website and ordering

Actual part number for 2.0 Engines

Some more literature on DV+ from Giulia forums

And now for quads... You'll obviously need two of these puppies and they have not confirmed fitment yet. I'm working with them along with a wizard on the Giulia forums by the name of "MacGeek". As of now, it uses the exact same diverter valve as the 2.0, easier placement for quicker install, you just need two of them as I said earlier. They're now confirming that the screws from them T9366 2.0 kit will fit the quad application. Once confirmed, I will order/install and post back results.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Interesting. Basically holding boost to a greater extent is what I read into this. Would like to understand the the effect it has on the transmission which "feels" more Torque thru the shift process everytime. Are we just moving premature wear down the pipeline?????? Experts please chime in.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Update for Quads: More than likely the same DV+ will fit with no issues. The problem is, you need to perform open heart surgery to get to the **** things. I'm not a mechanic by any means but I've done my share of work on cars over the years and this is not easy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello, I've just installed mine, but for the moment I am not sure if there is any change or I am misleading myself. I think there is less turbo lag, but cannot confirm yet. From looking at the stock valve, it should be better, because the stock one is just holding pressure by plastic on metal, there is no rubber inside, but .... I just don't know yet :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, I've just installed mine, but for the moment I am not sure if there is any change or I am misleading myself. I think there is less turbo lag, but cannot confirm yet. From looking at the stock valve, it should be better, because the stock one is just holding pressure by plastic on metal, there is no rubber inside, but .... I just don't know yet :)
I presume you have the 2.0? The real gains is when you let go the gas and then press quickly again. The valve is able to maintain the pressure instead of releasing it and causing your turbo to spool again. From 0-60 you will not have any gains really but if you drive the twisties, wala!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The valve cannot maintain any pressure if the control solenoid is open. The only thing is that it will gradually release pressure instead of rapidly. So if the valve is commanded by ECU to open it will not release the pressure instantly like the stock valve, so if the ECU commands the valve to close in the next 1-2 seconds there will still be pressure, so the turbo will not start from relative 0 boost. The other benefit is that it should seal better than the stock one, because as I said there is no rubber sealing on the stock valve, only plastic piston to metal ring inside the valve itself.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The valve cannot maintain any pressure if the control solenoid is open. The only thing is that it will gradually release pressure instead of rapidly. So if the valve is commanded by ECU to open it will not release the pressure instantly like the stock valve, so if the ECU commands the valve to close in the next 1-2 seconds there will still be pressure, so the turbo will not start from relative 0 boost. The other benefit is that it should seal better than the stock one, because as I said there is no rubber sealing on the stock valve, only plastic piston to metal ring inside the valve itself.
Got it, way better explanation than mine! You drive a 2.0 right? Just trying to get an idea if you got the DV+ in a quad which is a different ball game.

Update: Should be getting two DV+ for the quad. If I get them in, I'll post war pictures and a small guide. It's something I can't wait to install but also crying at the same time considering how much work it's going to require on a quad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes 2.0T 280hp. Keep in mind that your valves can be like mine (the updated one) which you will have to brake in order to install the DV+ valve. Mine was not possible to be diassembled without braking the piston and the plastic surrounding.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes 2.0T 280hp. Keep in mind that your valves can be like mine (the updated one) which you will have to brake in order to install the DV+ valve. Mine was not possible to be diassembled without braking the piston and the plastic surrounding.
Yup already did it on my 2.0 Giulia and broke just the surrounding plastic gasket, not the piston. It's a 15min install on a 2.0 engine, the trick is to use a plastic interior pry tool and take your time carefully lifting the gasket slowly all the way around. On the quad, I plan to test installing back the stock one once removed because both locations are extremely hard to get to. Below are the pics of the left DV, the one on the right is actually on a angle and even harder to get to.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts