Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi did any of you guys installed this GFB Diverter Valve DV+ On your stelvio ? If yes did you see any deference or this is just upgrade ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The GFB DV+ will help keep turbo pressure when throttle is closed or on gear changes. Apparently the stock recirc valve is electronically operated so may not be the most efficient way of maintaining pressure.

The GFB valve should help reduce initial turbo lag when getting back on throttle after a gear change or coming out of a corner. This would be more noticeable on a modified engine and I wouldn't bother unless you're planning on at least tuning the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The GFB DV+ will help keep turbo pressure when throttle is closed or on gear changes. Apparently the stock recirc valve is electronically operated so may not be the most efficient way of maintaining pressure.

The GFB valve should help reduce initial turbo lag when getting back on throttle after a gear change or coming out of a corner. This would be more noticeable on a modified engine and I wouldn't bother unless you're planning on at least tuning the car.
Okay I was curious my stelvio has downpipes and cold air intake and an tune also

·
Registered
631 Posts
Stock bpv works well. Just be aware you may get codes and limp modes with the gfb. If so, just remove it to fix

·
Registered
631 Posts
you really think I might get codes with gfb
Yes, lots of people do. Particularly in spirited driving. Has ruined track days for folks.

Between the gfb having to use different springs depending if you had a w05 update or not and the gfb pistons getting scored and p0101 codes etc sometimes they can be a headache. People that are not performance driving generally don't see these issues though...of course that begs the question of why add it if not performance driving

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys made me decide not to get this I dont wanna deal with any codes that make no sense make product and have issues after installed you make product for performance and you push car to the limits!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you guys made me decide not to get this I dont wanna deal with any codes that make no sense make product and have issues after installed you make product for performance and you push car to the limits!
I've had my diverter valves installed now for 10 months, They eliminate the turbo lag, the car is more responsive, overall better machine to drive. Changes the sound under hood too. No error codes. They are a bit difficult to install because of their location, worthwhile modification for me .

Tell us about your downpipes .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts