Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

Has anyone test drove the GLC 63S? Looking for opinions. Currently driving a Quad but the updated interior for the Merc is just amazing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Both great choices...

Driving dynamics with a competently comfortable interior (Stelvio) vs. Interior luxury with competent driving dynamics (GLC).

Decide which mix you prefer.

Fun with some lux, or lux with some fun(so long as everything works in both cases, although the Stelvio will drive nice so long as it is not on limp mode. The GLC requires alot more computer intervention to control it's weight and deliver dynamics which leaves more room for failures affecting the drive.

They both use Magneti Marelli and Magna international (Magna spun out of Daimler-Benz and is the designer/builder of the G wagon) and Bosch for the majority of thier electronic supply chain so despite what fanboys/magazines say the reliability is about the same, although MBZ has a better dealer network simply because it is larger and more established.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Great cars but the looks of a Merc haven't been doing it for me for years, I dunno. I think they need to reach back to their roots and come up with some new sort of retro/modern look. Not that BMW/Audi has it nailed either but they look better. I think Alfa has done a nice job of the retro/modern look. If the Tonale is any indication of what's to come on the coupe and mid-life changes, we're in for a wild ride.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
At least Mercedes gives diferent lines somewhat unique looks. Saw some Smaller coupelike Mercedes SUV recently that I can only describe as hideous. Actually made the X4/X6 abortions look better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts