Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my phone contacts to load. I went through everything twice and still no luck. When I remote start the Stelvio and it's cold out the heated seats and wheel does not come on but for some reason the rear defroster does. I heard there could be a software glitch.

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Veloce Misano Blue Metallic/Black
506 Posts
I can't get my phone contacts to load. I went through everything twice and still no luck. When I remote start the Stelvio and it's cold out the heated seats and wheel does not come on but for some reason the rear defroster does. I heard there could be a software glitch.
Wow! I am getting my Veloce this week. I will let you know if I have those issues. I hope not!

·
Registered
511 Posts
The heated seats and steering wheel not coming on with comfort settings is an ongoing issue for at least the past 2 years, complain to the dealer, that's going to be my approach, but since it's been years they may never fix it.

The other bug is that the menu item for disabling the folding mirrors is missing on the 2022 cars but was there for 2020 and 2021.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The heated seats and steering wheel not coming on with comfort settings is an ongoing issue for at least the past 2 years, complain to the dealer, that's going to be my approach, but since it's been years they may never fix it.

The other bug is that the menu item for disabling the folding mirrors is missing on the 2022 cars but was there for 2020 and 2021.
Those settings work on my 2020. I am not going to be happy if they don't work in my new 2022 I am taking delivery of Tuesday given it's winter time. The mirrors I can deal with for now.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
364 Posts

While driver door is open, lock car with the driver side door INTERNAL lock switch. Then slam the door shut. Voila! Locked door, non-folded mirrors.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Those settings work on my 2020. I am not going to be happy if they don't work in my new 2022 I am taking delivery of Tuesday given it's winter time. The mirrors I can deal with for now.
Trust me, the heated seats and wheel won't, I'd be very surprised if they do since I have a 2022 Veloce and they don't, if per chance they do work that means they've upgraded a modules firmware somewhere and I would need to UGH! go to the dealer for an update.

While driver door is open, lock car with the driver side door INTERNAL lock switch. Then slam the door shut. Voila! Locked door, non-folded mirrors.
Sure it's a workaround, but it's a hell of a lot more steps than "set the setting, do nothing" which is what its supposed to do and the way the previous years did with the exact same hardware.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Regarding the heated seat and steering wheel I never saw this work while in Florida and Temp was below 50 if I recall.
Took the Quad up to MTN home and 1 morning in the 20s and guess what heated everything was on. repeated this several mornings.
There must be a Temp that triggers this colder then published.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Regarding the heated seat and steering wheel I never saw this work while in Florida and Temp was below 50 if I recall.
Took the Quad up to MTN home and 1 morning in the 20s and guess what heated everything was on. repeated this several mornings.
There must be a Temp that triggers this colder then published.
It's 38 degrees or lower.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
The mirror thing is interesting...

Mostly because this complaint goes back to 2017, and no one has ever reported a many option to turn it off besides @dianebrat . Not saying she's wrong, I believe her.

Just find it interesting that
something that was never made avalible to any of the older cars via software and isn't on the newer cars.

Makes me think there is a hardware based reason. Possibly they changed something about the hardware to allow the option, then had to change it back when supply tightened up?

Crazier things have happened...are happening.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
364 Posts
Trust me, the heated seats and wheel won't, I'd be very surprised if they do since I have a 2022 Veloce and they don't, if per chance they do work that means they've upgraded a modules firmware somewhere and I would need to UGH! go to the dealer for an update.

Sure it's a workaround, but it's a hell of a lot more steps than "set the setting, do nothing" which is what its supposed to do and the way the previous years did with the exact same hardware.
What previous year has it? I've never heard of someone with it.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
See...I think most previous owners who bought one were already used to not having a choice and didn't look.

New owners.....mostly didn't look/dealer didn't explain it, maybe didn't know it was an option.

Completely believe what you say though.

Why it was removed is flippin' strange. Why it wasn't part of an update for older cars....strange.

That it is mentioned in the manual but not in the car....well ..that...is a genuine "Alfa" thing. Like, proof it isn't a fake.

My manual says I should have a lift gate that open when I wave my foot. It doesn't. Also that I can use the rotary controller as a touchpad, as-in draw letters to input into the nav and stuff......but nah.....

Pretty sure Alfa's internal motto is "We don't care, go for a drive, you won't either. If you do..buy something else."

·
Registered
511 Posts
My manual says I should have a lift gate that open when I wave my foot. It doesn't. Also that I can use the rotary controller as a touchpad, as-in draw letters to input into the nav and stuff......but nah.....
damn, that feature would make music selection simple and my previous BMW had that, it was amazing.
So far I have yet to have the voice control work on the ipod that lives in the console making it impossible to choose music on the road without looking :(

1 - 20 of 75 Posts