Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Except it doesn't matter, there's a bug in 2021 and 2022 models that the seat and steering wheel heat do not come on even when that setting is enabled, all the setting will turn on is the rear defroster.
Well, if it means anything, I have a 2019 and I have disabled all the comfort access settings, and the rear defroster still turns on no matter what, ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
In Alfa's defense......they seem to have figured out better steering algorithms than anyone else....but yeah, with you 100%.

A month or two ago, I was merging onto the 10 freeway outside Palm Springs and moved into a lane well behind a Tesla. Freeway open, mostly clear..thankfully.....

All of a sudden the Telsa went full panic brake mode, no warning or reason. I mean the front end dropped and it was activating ABS it braked so hard. I was barely able to slam my brakes and keep from plowing into him at 80, should have changed lanes but it was so damn fast, pure instinct. Semi truck behind me thankfully had enough room he only had to partially panic.

Guy jerks to the side of the road and stops, I do the same....trying to stay calm in case it's a real problem with his car and not the guy being an ass....late 20-something guy jumps out and screams it did that by itself, and wasn't responding to the accelerator only the brake (he called it "the gas" which is funny). Turns out..this was(?) a known bug in that release of FSD software, wasn't common but sometimes.... Which he was using. He was afraid to drive his car..I said yeah, I'm afraid for you to drive that too.... and left. Guy can drop $10k on some BS option that isn't fully developed he can call a ride.

....self driving cars.
Great effing idea. Waaaaay safer than dumb people....(ya know those worthless mammals that create the freaking software...half of whom take Ubers everywhere...)

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
421 Posts
We all have the comfort heating seat issue on the 2021s, alfa cares told me tell the dealer. Someone had alfa looking at it but then i think it stalled. My car goes in next friday for 1st year service and ill be happy to get the update at least to save the tiles.

·
Registered
439 Posts
....self driving cars.
Great effing idea. Waaaaay safer than dumb people....(ya know those worthless mammals that create the freaking software...half of whom take Ubers everywhere...)
MIB, Agent Kay: a person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

We should prolly update that for 2021:

a person is smart. People (and their self driving vehicles) are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Veloce Misano Blue Metallic/Black
505 Posts
We all have the comfort heating seat issue on the 2021s, alfa cares told me tell the dealer. Someone had alfa looking at it but then i think it stalled. My car goes in next friday for 1st year service and ill be happy to get the update at least to save the tiles.
Have you ever tried your easy entry function? Does it work? Mine does not seem to be working.

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Veloce, 2017 4C
39 Posts
Have you ever tried your easy entry function? Does it work? Mine does not seem to be working.
I have read/heard that it only works if you are short and the seat is positioned in front of the b-pillar, I am about 6' so my seat is already at the b-pillar, no easy exit for me but works for my wife.....maybe a safety thing to prevent the rear passenger from getting compacted?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have read/heard that it only works if you are short and the seat is positioned in front of the b-pillar, I am about 6' so my seat is already at the b-pillar, no easy exit for me but works for my wife.....maybe a safety thing to prevent the rear passenger from getting compacted?
I have heard that also. It worked in my 2020 and I am 5'9 so it moved a little which was convenient.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
421 Posts
From what i have seen with the easy entry after a certain point of your seat being back it will not move the seat back any further. I played around and if it is already back it wont go back any further, this is '21

·
Registered
505 Posts
From what i have seen with the easy entry after a certain point of your seat being back it will not move the seat back any further. I played around and if it is already back it wont go back any further, this is '21
Does yours work though? I'll have to see if mine does pulling the seat forward when I get my Stelvio back tomorrow.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just to add to this thread from the Giulia forum.

·
Registered
511 Posts
FWIW I have been playing with my settings, and it turns out that the rear defroster being on when it's cold is not connected to the Comfort Access settings, even with Comfort Access = Off the rear defroster comes on with a remote start under freezing.

·
Registered
504 Posts
FWIW I have been playing with my settings, and it turns out that the rear defroster being on when it's cold is not connected to the Comfort Access settings, even with Comfort Access = Off the rear defroster comes on with a remote start under freezing.
With any start, on mine. So, when I forget to turn off the auto/off and the car turns itself on after sitting at a stoplight - I have to then turn the rear defroster off again.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts