Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have heard that also. It worked in my 2020 and I am 5'9 so it moved a little which was convenient.
ahhh.. that's the reason... Mine never moved back but I do sit back... After my wife drives the car, I have to suck in my stomache to get into the car but we never lock our cars in the garage so I thought that was the reason....

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Veloce Misano Blue Metallic/Black
505 Posts
Does the heated seats and steering wheel work for anybody in a ‘22? I’m supposed to take mine to the dealer this Monday but I have my doubt it will get resolved
It is a known glitch. Alfa Romeo is aware of it and it has been escalated. Dealerships cannot fix it at this time. Read this from the Giulia forum.

Copied and pasted from the Giulia forum below.

Update on driver comfort setting not working to automatically turn on the seat and steering wheel warmers in <39 degrees:

My dealer contacted me saying that they received word that Alfa has identified this as a software issue and they're working on a patch to resolve it. The dealer said they would contact me when the software update has been made available to install.

Hopefully it happens before winter is over.

Otherwise, I love this car!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Does the heated seats and steering wheel work for anybody in a ‘22? I’m supposed to take mine to the dealer this Monday but I have my doubt it will get resolved
No they are not able to fix it at this time so other than asking for it to be noted and as an issue logged for them.
I think someone said this is like the 2nd or 3rd year running for this failure.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
421 Posts
The patch has been going on for a year now, another member had alfa take a look last year and said it would be a software fix. Hopefully they eventually put a TSB out on it and we can get an update. Only thing that does't work in my '21 for me.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Telling you guys...this is going to become standard operating procedure.

Today I am expected to go tell a customer that the "fix" for thier brand new car's malfunctioning pedestrian braking system (stops the car anytime they head uphill) is going to be to turn off certain features/sensors, making the system less functional. The manufacturer will not pay for further diagnosis and considers this a fix.. a manufacturer 90% of you describe as the definition of automotive perfection, and act like would never have problems like Alfa. Yeah..they don't. They have worse problems, what used to make it ok was the manufacturer working to fix the problems...now they don't.

A major "reliable" Japanese manufacturer is currently having a problem with brand new engines burning oil in the combustion chamber....the fix? Put more oil in and tell the owner to shut up.

The times? The times are a'changin'. Not for the better.

Alfa should fix this issue in your cars for sure, no excuses...however, for your own health, don't hold your breath waiting. And maybe try to be glad it least it isn't something that affect long term reliability like bad turbo wastegate design, or a gas tank that can't be filled up all the way, faulty engine components, or even a chance of spontaneous combustion....all of which are major problems in other brands...none of which have any actual fixes.

Its crazy. From my perspective we went from having the most reliable cars ever made to...pure trash. In under 3 years, if I wasn't watching it I wouldn't believe it could happen.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
364 Posts
It's a software problem. One they have been getting reports about for the past 2 years, at least.

If they had bothered or cared enough to collate input from dealers, I'm sure their crack team of programmers could've found the bug and fixed it in less than two years.

This is software. Totally different from some deep design defect in an oil burning engine where the manufacturer has no recourse but to replace all engines, which obviously isn't viable.

No need to defend Alfa all the time. This is an Alfa forum. We are all Alfistis. But they are dropping the ball.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Alfa should fix this issue in your cars for sure, no excuses
I'm not defending Alfa. Not at all. Perhaps you should read the entirety of what a person writes.. or nothing.

Not delivering fully functional and reliable features is bad whether Alfa, or Toyota, or Mercedes...or whoever TF you want to name does it.

Don't know how that is a defense, of anyone let alone Alfa.

All I am doing is trying to explain a situation that is developing in the industry. I could spend the rest of the day typing a 4000 word essay describing every single problem I see...but then people just complain it's too long, and would pick out what ever one issue the they think doesn't apply and harp on that completely missing the point.

Stop being hung up on the trees and missing the forest.

To me..the excuses are what most other people are doing for other manufacturers.

Alfa is bad for not fixing a software problem but other manufactuers are OK for letting engines
burn enough oil to destroy the catalytic converter outside of warranty? Haveing a gas tank that can't be filled up? Seriously..you'll give a pass for that.. but I cover for Alfa?

Stop it.

This issue I have to explain today is a software fix. An Effing software fix that is not going going be fixed, ever. Not without a lawsuit probably. They are just going to issue a TSB telling the dealers to turn off features. This is worse than what Alfa is doing here. Worse. I am not making excuses for anyone sir.. you are.

The point is the manufacturer isn't going to fix the software or even diagnose it. They are just going to make me turn of some features and tell the customer that is a fix.

Is Alfa dropping the ball? Yes. I said that maybe 20 times..if you bothered to read everything you might see that.

Here is the issue, people get so wrapped up in Alfa dropping the ball, they aren't seeing it isn't just Alfa. And really the ball isn't been dropped...

..what has happened in the entier industry they took the ball, and threw it in the nasty old neighbor's yard. No one is going to get it, there is no more ball.

If you keep trying to play the same game it isn't going to work. Not with Alfa, not with Toyota, not with Mazda, not with anyone.

New game, new rules, this games uses a puck. The balls are gone. Don't say I didn't warn you.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
364 Posts
This is an Alfa forum. We bought Alfa cars.

When we have problems we go to Alfa to complain.
When we don’t, we strut around with a smile telling everyone Alfa is the best brand and best cars this side of $100K.

Alfa wants us as repeat customers. Alfa needs us as brand ambassadors.
Alfa is a small, struggling and till very recently ineptly mismanaged if not maliciously so, brand.

They don’t get the free passes the Big Boys get. They’ve got to work 10x as hard. Like Audi 20 years ago.

I WANT to buy a 2025 Stelvio or whatever will be out then. I want Alfa to survive. To do that, they need to start showing signs they are trying.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Should Alfa be like Audi 20 years ago in terms of customer service?

100% absolutely. Gospel truth.

Should you walk in to a dealer and expect that? Not unless you want to leave more upset than you would have anyways. Regardless of brand.

My only point. Sorry that upsets you, upsets me too.

Giving Audi a pass and acting like the problem is only with Alfa...might not help the situation. Might just put Alfa out of business and Audi with worse customer service. Just sayin'.

Me? Genuinely don't care, just trying to provide information. Not information I like or agree with, just information.

I have no plans to get a new Stelvio on the new corporate platform. I'm looking at what Porsche will be doing in 4-5 years when they drop the new EV/hybrid SUV they are currently designing ground up on their own platform. The project goal is to be better than the current Stelvio. But we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Live in south Florida, what is the issue with the mirrors folding? I like when they fold keeps them out of trouble.
Ice...
I have zero reason to need them to fold and in an ice storm when they try to open they just don't, it's far easier if you can turn off folding and then when they're coated with 1/4" of ice the defroster will clear them and you don't have to fight to get them open.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its crazy. From my perspective we went from having the most reliable cars ever made to...pure trash. In under 3 years, if I wasn't watching it I wouldn't believe it could happen.
"Its crazy. From my perspective we went from having the most reliable cars ever made to...pure trash. In under 3 years, if I wasn't watching it I wouldn't believe it could happen."
ALFAOFFROAD, REALLY? Should I not purchase a new 2022 as I have planned?? Thank You

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Work arounds are what you do when something that should work...doesn't.

My question would be why wouldn't you use it?

People want to say I actively do/say things just because I want to be right, ok. I will take that criticism.
What is what someone doesn't do something for what would seem to be the same reason?

Honest question.

@bhisham hope you saw my answer to your question on the thread you started, sorry to take a while to reply, I feel like I always have about Alfa's...they are the best deal on the market. If you want one, get it, drive it and love it. No more chance of a defect with this car then any other (although defect rates have gone up industry wide... So I would suggest test driving the car you get a few times and really looking it over to be sure it's the one for you. With any brand.)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Had my 1 year service and brought up this and the missing mirror setting.
Update is that this software is still not available, so maybe next year, so who knows, but it is a known issue, apparently they have heard it most often from the Quad owners, apparently they paid more, they complain louder ;)
The mirror setting is one they can't answer, but confirmed another 2022 was missing it.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts