Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Alfa Romeo: Alberto Cavaggioni confirms the arrival of Giulia and Stelvio 2020
This is an adjustment due to the fact that since the official debut, the infotainment was perhaps the only sore point of the two Italian cars. In short, therefore, the Milanese carmaker plans to make updates to the technological department of the Alfa Romeo Giulie and Stelvio 2020 by implementing a more technological bridge, more advanced and complete ADAS systems and greater usability.

I sure hope that means UConnect!
John

·
Registered
147 Posts
Alfa Romeo: Alberto Cavaggioni confirms the arrival of Giulia and Stelvio 2020
This is an adjustment due to the fact that since the official debut, the infotainment was perhaps the only sore point of the two Italian cars. In short, therefore, the Milanese carmaker plans to make updates to the technological department of the Alfa Romeo Giulie and Stelvio 2020 by implementing a more technological bridge, more advanced and complete ADAS systems and greater usability.

I sure hope that means UConnect!
John
UConnect would be the logical choice...and an excellent system, if you ask me.

I'm bummed out that there was no mention of the GTV that was supposed to come in 2021. Was hoping that would be my next ride after my lease is done.

·
Registered
211 Posts
UConnect and the Maserati shift lever (or similar) would make me want to get the new model....
UConnect and Ventilated seats would make me switch early. When I test drove the Levante the shifter worked the same with the dumb button on the back and the easy way to hit neutral instead of drive or reverse.
John

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Yeah...I'm ok with the function (because all auto's suck and the lever is just a toy anyway). The look/feel of the shifter is bar-none the worst thing about the interior IMO. I've spent over 300,000 miles driving manual transmissions...holding the shift lever is an unconscious habit, and I do not enjoy touching the shift lever in this car. At all. It point blank sucks to touch...feels like having the best, most loving, supportive wife in the world...not ever going to divorce her...going to love her forever...but her breath is so bad you can't kiss her, which makes the entire experience less enjoyable and you really wish she would go the dentist or buy some breath mints, but you cant make her....so you accept it and wish for better....

(PS...only OK with the function because no manufacturer will give me what I want...which is a open gated metal shifter lever that allows me to shift through the gears like a real manual transmission with gates for each gear and the ability to always know what gear I am in instantly by placing my hand on the lever and knowing the positition...plus the ability to skip shift however many gears I want up or down without needlessly toggling through each individual gear...so many benefits to direct access. Paddles are super cool and nicely functional in many ways...a gated shifter is still far better, and more entertaining, IMO. Short of a real lever with actual function to select gears...I don't care about the specific way it functions, it's basically just a video game controller to adjust to...just like going from X-Box to PS4 or PC...whatever...the same but different, all crumby in different ways)

Ventilated seats would be nice....a tilt function for the front of the seat would be better..... That and the shift lever....just why Alfa...why?????? You can give me a manual liftgate...most people wouldn't care....but not being able to tilt the front of the driver's seat probably costs 100 sales a month or more, when the prospective customer sits in the car, try's to adjust the seat into the position they have been using for 40 years.....and can't. Seriously WTF were you thinking? More than anything that needs to be addressed in an update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah...I'm ok with the function (because all auto's suck and the lever is just a toy anyway). The look/feel of the shifter is bar-none the worst thing about the interior IMO. I've spent over 300,000 miles driving manual transmissions...holding the shift lever is an unconscious habit, and I do not enjoy touching the shift lever in this car. At all. It point blank sucks to touch...feels like having the best, most loving, supportive wife in the world...not ever going to divorce her...going to love her forever...but her breath is so bad you can't kiss her, which makes the entire experience less enjoyable and you really wish she would go the dentist or buy some breath mints, but you cant make her....so you accept it and wish for better....

(PS...only OK with the function because no manufacturer will give me what I want...which is a open gated metal shifter lever that allows me to shift through the gears like a real manual transmission with gates for each gear and the ability to always know what gear I am in instantly by placing my hand on the lever and knowing the positition...plus the ability to skip shift however many gears I want up or down without needlessly toggling through each individual gear...so many benefits to direct access. Paddles are super cool and nicely functional in many ways...a gated shifter is still far better, and more entertaining, IMO. Short of a real lever with actual function to select gears...I don't care about the specific way it functions, it's basically just a video game controller to adjust to...just like going from X-Box to PS4 or PC...whatever...the same but different, all crumby in different ways)

Ventilated seats would be nice....a tilt function for the front of the seat would be better..... That and the shift lever....just why Alfa...why?????? You can give me a manual liftgate...most people wouldn't care....but not being able to tilt the front of the driver's seat probably costs 100 sales a month or more, when the prospective customer sits in the car, try's to adjust the seat into the position they have been using for 40 years.....and can't. Seriously WTF were you thinking? More than anything that needs to be addressed in an update.
Just in case you’re not aware, the Lusso trim includes seat tilt for the front of the drivers and passengers seat. I can’t believe that’s not included in the other trims.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The Lusso wasn't on lots yet when I got mine That is the trim I would get were I buying now. Probably with the LSD pack.

Either that or a RWD...cause I really do think that would be a lot of fun.

And agreed, unbelievable it isn't across the board. Alfa should make it standard then send all current owners a gift certificate for some really good cupcakes as an apology.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agree on the tilt seats. I have a Ti, not sport. Was a demo and a good deal for a car I am putting 30k miles per year. Seats are just OK, too short and no tilt, not enough side bolster. The Ti sport seats are only a little better with the extending front seat bottom and side bolsters but not perfect. Wish It had the Recaros from my old Verde or 164S.

No paddle shifter and I have gotten used to the current shift lever. I had a 2011 XJL and in the sport mode there was a huge display for the gear you were in. That was nice and I wish ANY autobox that has lots of gears would have. The little “M4” indicator is useless you cant really see it with just a quick glance. To drive these cars fast I am finding that I want to shift it down manually, sequentially otherwise there is a delay in the throttle coming off the brakes. XJL had torque everywhere instantly and I liked the 6speed ZF a lot more than the 8sp which leaves me in too high a gear even in Dynamic. Maybe I need a different technique for the 2.0, or get shift paddles from a wrecked car. Or get a Quad.

Apple car play would have been nice but not available yet for my cars production date, otherwise I could care less about uconnect, but a lot of buyers will look for more than Alfa has offered.

Car handles great even on the 235 all seasons. I prefer the look of the 19” 2018 Ti wheels to the Ti Sport or Quad wheels.

When I need to really drive I go for my 3.0 gtv6 with RE-71r 🙂.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just in case you’re not aware, the Lusso trim includes seat tilt for the front of the drivers and passengers seat. I can’t believe that’s not included in the other trims.
I will go check this on my Lusso. I didn't know this was such a critical feature. Will report back.
John

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Dont really need a big gear indicator. The tach or sound should tell you if you want a higher or lower gear, the # doesnt really matter.
I tried all the seats in giulia so knew it was either lusso or standard quad for me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I will go check this on my Lusso. I didn't know this was such a critical feature. Will report back.
John
Well I guess they do tilt up but I never noticed it. On my Guilia with the Sport Seats the bottom cushioned extended.
John

·
Registered
29 Posts
What would make me trade in my '18 Quad would be the overhead parking assistance that I had on my BMW X40i. It utilized cameras facing four ways so you cound see an image of your car and its surroundings from above. Give me that and I'll order a new one.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The braille method has always worked for me in tight places........hehe. Had self park on an MKC...never used it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What I'm talking about gives you a clear view of the car as if a camera was suspended in the air looking down. You can place the car precisely in the middle of a parking space. By the way, a HUD would be nice too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts