Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Stelvio TI in Calgary, Alberta, back in late September, it arrived at the dealership on my birthday (December 11th), but I was in Arizona for the winter, so just picked it up and drove it through the Rockies this past week. Had to thread the needle with the weather too... snow storms either side of the day I decided to bring it back, but got through the passes with nary a ding or rock chip. Phew!

Was going to buy another Mercedes SUV - that would have been #3 - but the Alfa deals were too good to pass up.

LOVE the ride in all 3 variations. Smooth, agile, peppy. The smart cruise control is pretty cool too. Had it set to 90kms through Banff National Park, came upon a slower vehicle and my Stelvio just slowed down to match the one in front until I changed lanes. Very cool. Hard to believe I've put on 800kms since my first tank up and still have well over 100 kms left in the tank.

That said, I've only had the car home for 2 days and just got word that it is subject to a recall. Closest dealer is 5 hours away. I've bought nothing but brand-new vehicles for the past 36 years and never had a recall. Ergo, three recalls with the Stelvio and the jig, she will be up. The only downside to living in the country and liking foreign vehicles. :)

Pics include Stelvio in front of Castle Mountain in Banff National Park and then safely at home in the garage. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats on your Stelvio, welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Rosgardner: Welcome to this crazy pack and thanks already for your pics and commentary. For a new clean sheet design, small issues are to be expected as the miles (or kilometers) click on and unpredicted bugs present themselves but the inconvenience is obviously an issue for you. Check out forums for all brands and you will see this is not unique and most of us are satisfied that the vehicle is all there. Wishing you many enjoyable kilometers and great getting to know you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome-beautiful stelvio;) and we share a birthday - how cool! Yes recalls are a bummer, BUT once u get a fix u’ll forget all about. Luckily it’s not something that’s super urgent, maybe since your dealer is too far away u can get a fix else where and get a reimbursement?? Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think Jeep also services Alfa’s?

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
What Marzio said- he keeps things interesting around here. That is, until Lost gets his new toy...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Beautiful car and beautiful mountains. What's that pyramid-shaped peak in the background? It looks like the Matterhorn. LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts