Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member from the Detroit, MI area. Former car designer for 34 yrs, now Adjunct Professor teaching automotive design.
Ordered a Stelvio today. Dealer said about 4-5 months out. Turning in a Cadillac ATS-V Coupe. Now the wait begins!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Excellent, Jm2. Heading out to Motown in a few weeks by Stelvio. Look forward to hearing about your purchase and best wishes on your new acquisition!

Reactions: jm2

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Jm2 ! send us pics once you get it. What model / Color and or extras did you get?

Basalto Brown/Black/chocolate interior, 20” wheels, sunroof, HK sound system, 8” Nav system, Stelvio Ti

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello, new member from the Detroit, MI area. Former car designer for 34 yrs, now Adjunct Professor teaching automotive design.
Ordered a Stelvio today. Dealer said about 4-5 months out. Turning in a Cadillac ATS-V Coupe. Now the wait begins!
Yikes, 4 to 5 months!! You sure are patient.

My dealer south of Denver had 82 Stelvios on the lot in late December, all ready for delivery and just about each of them were different, all sorts of combinations from base to TI Sport AWD in every color available combination available then, etc., etc.

Perhaps you should shop around.

And, welcome to the forum.

WD

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yikes, 4 to 5 months!! You sure are patient.

My dealer south of Denver had 82 Stelvios on the lot in late December, all ready for delivery and just about each of them were different, all sorts of combinations from base to TI Sport AWD in every color available combination available then, etc., etc.

Perhaps you should shop around.

And, welcome to the forum.

WD
Thanks!
No one had a Met. Brown/black/chocolate Ti w/20's on their lots. I can wait. Also was adamant about Apple Car Play.
The lease on my ATS-V Coupe is up in July so the timing is about right.
I had to wait almost a year for my Ferrari, so I can deal with this.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your decision!

Reactions: jm2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can't wait to see some pics. You are very patient!! I really wanted a white TI Sport with the Red/Black sport interior with red calipers but the 2 dealerships in my area didn't have one. I was going to walk out but the sales manager gave me a awesome deal that i couldn't refuse. So instead of white I got the volcano black with red/black interior. Love it!!!

·
Read Only
849 Posts

great curricula, with your experience you can tell us why you have choice Stelvio

welcome Professor

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
great curricula, with your experience you can tell us why you have choice Stelvio

welcome Professor
Thank you!
I’m coming out of a Cadillac ATS V Coupe, and I was looking for a compact SUV. The Stelvio was by far, the best looking/designed out there. I also like the RR Velar, but that was a bit pricey. The Stelvio has a strong character and a presence that is distinctive. The front ‘graphics’ scream Alfa, without being ‘in your face’.
Overall I give the design an A- :)
Well done, Alfa!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum - and nice to hear a design professional like yourself agrees that this is a pretty great design for an SUV. I love having something unique that is not found in every other driveway - and I consistently get noticed every time I am out on the road.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the Brown paint color... Dark and sparkling...thanks for the pics, makes me want to go wash mine... Trying to not wash it too often until the tail gate gets the leak fix just in case.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts