Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
After

Sorry, car is filthy. Trofeo Bianco problems... At some point we’ll take some proper glam shots. These are the technicals

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
192 Posts
I suspect the springs are still settling, but the springs have effectively removed the “sarcastically on-stilts high “ ride height issue optically. The functional/actual ride height remains a very healthy 6.3”.

I would say that the ride firmness has increased noticeably, which I like. Correspondingly, the weight transfer is tidier, and there’s is less pitch/dive/roll, not that there was a ton previously.

Neither steering feedback nor turn-in sharpness has been dulled.

Reactions: Spamthechan

·
Registered
192 Posts
Firmer than prior firm in race or ...?
Looks good!
I think full dynamic is now nearly as stiff as Stock race was, and dynamic set to softer damper mode is perhaps equivalent to stock full dynamic.

the difference in stiffness between N and dynamic in soft damper mode is hard to say, because I so rarely venture into the realms below D on soft.

Full race mode is now not playing around. Feels appropriate for track use. (Would love to try madness 2.5” lowering springs in race!) I don’t mind super firm if roads are decent, but it’s for real. Race mode in mid damper I havent had a chance to try much.

·
Registered
174 Posts
in my personal opinion i think they look better than madness. those are too low and to be honest probably not really suited / paired with the stock shocks.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
So I’m having alignment done to correct for the negative camber introduced by lowering springs.

I felt like the rear wheels in particular looked a bit “stance-y” which... is not my style.

the dealership also updated my software to 090.xxx.xxx, along with submodule firmware.

apparently while updating the “amp” crashed, which they also replaced under warranty.

not sure what they are considering the amp, but we’ll find out shortly.

I’ll keep everyone posted on post-alignment handling. Hoping new amp/stereo gets better Fm reception!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree with the rear stance. Sadly the rear camber is not adjustable. Yet. I've been told by Alfa 9 that there are upper rear adjustable control arms in the works for the Stelvio. I've also heard (but not comfirmed) that the adjustable rear control arms currently available from Madness for the Guilia will work on the Stelvio.

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
192 Posts
cleaner tri-coat trofeo in direct sunlight!

one of these things is not like the other...

In my opinion, this should’ve been the stock ride height:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Well yes, and it looks good. But if it were lower the people who bought it for snow duty or country estate access etc would be complaining. Maybe Not good for an suv.
Same thing on the giulia forum, some complaining they can't get onto their driveway without planks etc etc, and others lowering it.
The factory changed spring height to address scraping problems/complaints, then reverted to prior height to address visual complaints. Maybe I got that backwards, but no matter what they do half the people will prefer the other.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
My dilemma. Looks great and makes it a hot hatch/wagon, but winter practicality and ride comfort are the counter. Personally, I think its spot on as you set it up. Spacers will be a bridge too far IMHO. Stelvios look great in white!!!

Reactions: KZquad18

·
Registered
192 Posts
My dilemma. Looks great and makes it a hot hatch/wagon, but winter practicality and ride comfort are the counter. Personally, I think its spot on as you set it up. Spacers will be a bridge too far IMHO. Stelvios look great in white!!!
I’m not considering spacers. I think I’m all set with suspension mods.

camber adjustment arms if available would be interesting.

now just need that un-resonated mid-pipe!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well yes, and it looks good. But if it were lower the people who bought it for snow duty or country estate access etc would be complaining. Maybe Not good for an suv.
Same thing on the giulia forum, some complaining they can't get onto their driveway without planks etc etc, and others lowering it.
The factory changed spring height to address scraping problems/complaints, then reverted to prior height to address visual complaints. Maybe I got that backwards, but no matter what they do half the people will prefer the other.

I hear you on this. This is why I went H&R -1.6 instead of madness -2.5.

the car retains 6.3” of ride height. I don’t do off-roadinf, but do live in northeast with bad roads and weather.

my audi sedans had less height stock and never have me trouble.

Everyone’s use case is unique, of course.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree with the rear stance. Sadly the rear camber is not adjustable. Yet. I've been told by Alfa 9 that there are upper rear adjustable control arms in the works for the Stelvio. I've also heard (but not comfirmed) that the adjustable rear control arms currently available from Madness for the Guilia will work on the Stelvio.
This would be interesting.

the Alfa dealer tech did seem to dial out a solid/noticeable amount of camber on both front and rear.

looks pretty clean and stock now, Just a bit lower, with the associated physics advantages, which was always goal.

here are wheels post-alignment:

·
Registered
192 Posts
adjustable rear control arms currently available from Madness for the Guilia
where are these? Looked on their site but couldn’t find..

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't see them either now. They were under Guilia at Madness.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts