Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Those are similair. Matt at Alfa 9 said he should have some for the Stelvio available soon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
update:

With the h&r springs installed, I pulled full 0.95g on the pirelli scorpion winter tires on a dry off ramp last week, per the built-in accelerometer in gauge cluster. rear axle didn't break up at all. e-lsd is an animal on the quad.

Can't wait to get summer rubber back on, see if we can post proof of a full lateral G. I believe more impressive numbers are actually possible, with the stock summer rubber and h&r springs.

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
19 Posts
Little late to the discussion here, but I am very happy to report I just had H&R springs installed (and alignment done), absolutely love the way it looks now and the driving characteristics are even better. Next step is to get spacers put on, and maybe new tires soon, 15K miles on original P-zeros, perhaps time for some Michelins...
Stelvio after H&R.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been looking for a solution to the rear camber as well, my 4C has easy adjustment but Stelvio apparently not. I wish some performance shop had custom adjustable arms, my mechanic said the rear suspension was basically identical setup as Dodge Charger, talking with him after he installed the H&R springs. Could be a path to explore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Alfaraul - I just installed these adjustable camber arms made for the Giulia and after alignment, is absolutely perfect. I found these online from Motohaususa.com or contact Rishie by emailing him at [email protected] and he'll take good care of you. The camber arms were $599
Here are 2 pics, for comparison and once installed.
20201003_212749.jpg

20201003_203027.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s fantastic! I already got the 15 mm rear spacers. I had the 20 mm on rear but because the camber looks awful and the 15 on front but it was a problem because was chipping the painting. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s fantastic! I already got the 15 mm rear spacers. I had the 20 mm on rear but because the camber looks awful and the 15 on front but it was a problem because was chipping the painting.... Did you fell any difference on the ride after the arm installation? Thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have any spacers installed, don't think I need them because I went with wider size 295/40/r20 Michelin 4S in the back and they look awesome, especially with the lowering springs. Ride feels great now that the camber has been adjusted, set to around -1.4 degrees if I recall correctly. Installing the new arms is not really difficult, biggest pain is simply getting the car up safely and taking of the massive tires, and tight access reaching the frame bolt side of the arm. I think a mechanic with a lift could easily do both in less than an hour.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't have any spacers installed, don't think I need them because I went with wider size 295/40/r20 Michelin 4S in the back and they look awesome, especially with the lowering springs. Ride feels great now that the camber has been adjusted, set to around -1.4 degrees if I recall correctly. Installing the new arms is not really difficult, biggest pain is simply getting the car up safely and taking of the massive tires, and tight access reaching the frame bolt side of the arm. I think a mechanic with a lift could easily do both in less than an hour.
Very intriguing. Are you saying the ride improved after adding this camber adjustment?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was always convinced the Guilia's control arm would work on the Stelvio as they looked exactly the same. Good to know. Any additional road noise or vibration with those Guilia arms? Reason I ask is it looks like it's using a roller bearing with no rubber bushing like OEM. Normally that can transmit a bit of road vibration/feel into the suspension.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very intriguing. Are you saying the ride improved after adding this camber adjustment?
Well, my perception of an improved ride is probably more influenced by the brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires I put on all four corners, that was a huge improvement over worn PZeros.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was always convinced the Guilia's control arm would work on the Stelvio as they looked exactly the same. Good to know. Any additional road noise or vibration with those Guilia arms? Reason I ask is it looks like it's using a roller bearing with no rubber bushing like OEM. Normally that can transmit a bit of road vibration/feel into the suspension.
I haven't noticed any noise or vibration from the roller bearing contact (or anywhere else). The frame-mounted bracket still has 2 rubber bushings that the connecting bolt threads through. I will say, these control arms are definitely not as beefy as the stock Stelvio ones, and I had some hesitation trusting 2 threaded adjustment rods roughly the diameter of my pinky finger for the job. They did come with liquid thread lock and locking nuts which held the rods tight preventing rotation, and a professional alignment is a must after installation.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts