Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is about to order her 2019 Ti. She's trying to decide whether to add the Ti Performance Pack (since the dealer verified it includes the LSD). Has anyone driven both the Ti and one with the Ti Performance Pack? In N and A, or in D with the suspension mode set back down to normal/soft, how does the Performance Pack feel compared to the normal suspension on the Ti? Softer? Firmer? Harsher bumps or less harsh?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My wife is about to order her 2019 Ti. She's trying to decide whether to add the Ti Performance Pack (since the dealer verified it includes the LSD). Has anyone driven both the Ti and one with the Ti Performance Pack? In N and A, or in D with the suspension mode set back down to normal/soft, how does the Performance Pack feel compared to the normal suspension on the Ti? Softer? Firmer? Harsher bumps or less harsh?

Thanks everyone.
I have the performance pack but mainly because I need the LSD for Colorado snow rather than high speed torque vectoring during cornering. For me the handling and cornering is so good that I rarely use the adaptive dynamics because it is only available in dynamic mode which eats gas. I believe the DNA only changes the transmission and not the suspension unless equipped with performance package and specifically selected in dynamic mode.

·
Registered
268 Posts
How stiff can active suspension get? Is there less body lean during cornering? I drive my regular Ti Sport in D mode all the time and wish the suspension can get a bit firmer from time to time.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
From the seat of my pants, the adaptive suspension feels like the base suspension normally and like the sport in "D". I'm simplifying things here but basically.

Truth is for as well as the car handles..compared to something like a BMW M or Audi RS even the most aggressive Stelvio is setup for comfort, with a smoother ride/handleing balance and more body roll...that it actually goes around corners better also is some crazy Italian voodoo...

IMO Alfa should release a 4 cylinder and Quad "tuner" package that remove all Off-Road capability and turn the vehicle into an exotic killer...there is room for a more aggressive suspension with less ground clearance and significantly stiffened anti-roll bars....kinda think people want that as an option, even if it doesn't improve the dynamics (might ruin it for high speed transitions - too much roll stiffness slows down side-to-side transitional movements) as much as it makes the car look more aggressive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
IMO Alfa should release a 4 cylinder and Quad "tuner" package that remove all Off-Road capability and turn the vehicle into an exotic killer...there is room for a more aggressive suspension with less ground clearance and significantly stiffened anti-roll bars....kinda think people want that as an option, even if it doesn't improve the dynamics (might ruin it for high speed transitions - too much roll stiffness slows down side-to-side transitional movements) as much as it makes the car look more aggressive.

Oh, something like that will be coming. They haven't even started yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts