Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Neck pain here as well
Checked with dealer, they have 2 differents models of headset, one is way thicker thank the other
First I thought the sport seat had the thicker one but we found a 2017 produced Stelvio TI Sport with the slim headrest...
Dealer is looking for an explanation
Did they change the headrest for 2018?

·
Registered
192 Posts
2019 is not adjustable either but I must have a big head or a lead foot since my skull is always planted firmly against it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think its for the crash test rating.

Want a sore neck, go try a Ford Expedition. Worst seats I have ever been in for the forward push on the neck

·
Registered
330 Posts
Is there such a thing as a 2017 Stelvio ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
2017 built (production date is written on a sticker in the front left door)
What I find strange is that we can find 2 different models of headrest for the same model TI Sport
The slimer one is much more confortable for me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don’t get me wrong
I love alfa ´s design
I find it much more exciting than the german trio (Bmw, MB, Audi)
Handling is also amazing
That s by far the best suv I drove (with Tesla X but that’s Another category)
Other minor complaint : external temperature reading seems off by 2-3 degre especially when it s minus O Celsius
And it takes Time to stablize when I exit the heated garage
(+20C to -10C in ten to fifteen minutes but real outside température -15C)
Has anyone else experienced that?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Don’t get me wrong
I love alfa ´s design
I find it much more exciting than the german trio (Bmw, MB, Audi)
Handling is also amazing
That s by far the best suv I drove (with Tesla X but that’s Another category)
Other minor complaint : external temperature reading seems off by 2-3 degre especially when it s minus O Celsius
And it takes Time to stablize when I exit the heated garage
(+20C to -10C in ten to fifteen minutes but real outside température -15C)
Has anyone else experienced that?
Yes but I've also never driven a car that WAS accurate my last 20 years of driving. This includes German/Japanese/American/French/Italian cars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had neck pain due to the headrest. If you pull it out, you can turn it around and put it back in. Moves the headrest back an inch or so and doesn't look as stupid as you think it would.
Bill

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine come delivered with the headrests on backwards! I flipped mine back around but there was a noticeable difference in room when on backwards.
John

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine come delivered with the headrests on backwards! I flipped mine back around but there was a noticeable difference in room when on backwards.
John
My wife hated the headrests from the beginning. So I flipped them around and all is well.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
This makes me laugh..not in a bad way...

My Mom always wanted a Volvo turbo wagon and my Dad never "let" her get one (she didfered to him with cars..shouldn't have).

Because he thought the headrests were uncomfortable....

Personally I like these headrests, because they are positioned well for neck protection in an accident. The comfort works for how I sit too, I can rest my head against them on long drives and look straight out the windshield..if I sit very upright and don't slouch at all.

But I get how they could bug some people too.....

Not being insulting just laughing at my childhood I guess....lots of arguing over cars....

·
Registered
1 Posts
My headrest is not adjustable too and it is so constrait when I sit there. After some pain experience, I decided to change it to a new Xtrons Headrest with video player. Now I can watch videos on the back seat and it is more comfortable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts