Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now the mirrors iced over (one after I sprayed off the car in 12 degree weather and after work during freezing rain). Can't find it in the manual. How do you turn on the heated mirror feature?

Front or rear defrost button seemed to have no affect.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Rear defrost is supposed to turn mirrors on as well

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Rear defrost is supposed to turn mirrors on as well
Yup it does, I tested it and measured the mirror temperature with an IR thermometer. rear defrost button on, mirrors temp went up, defrost off, mirrors cooled off, button on, they warmed back up. I tested in the garage where it was ~50 F, so no idea how warm they would actually get outside in freezing temps.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys- much appreciated! I have noticed that the seats, for example, take longer to warm than my previous Jeep which had settings Rare/Medium/Well - so the assumption is that resistance heating uses so much power, the temps were dialed back to reduce power load (especially with start/stop). It's fine the way it is but just 'different' and maybe the mirrors also take longer to heat.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
yeah, I've noticed the seats take longer to heat than those on my Range Rover did, my assumption is because the heater is deeper in the seat as a result of the perforated leather, thus has more material to heat, but that's just a guess.

They certainly don't get as hot as the seats on the RR either, but they do get warm enough to make my rear not cold, which is 95% of what I need them for (same can be said of the wheel heater, not as warm, but warm enough for most situations). Every once in a while if my back is stiff a really hot seat is nice to relax the muscles when I'm driving, and they don't really get warm enough for that, but they do serve to warm by backside and keep the cold away, which really is the primary reason for them to be there, so while I'm not disappointed, it is an area in which you can tell Alfa isn't quite at the same level of interior refinement as a Jaguar or Range Rover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my Ti Sport Seats, the aft part of the seat and seatbacks heat up fine but seems there is no heat in the extendable front portion of the seats. Anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looking at extendable front part, I don’t know how they would get pipe into that. I do not think it is supposed to heat up like the seat does.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I backed out of the garage this morning into 60 degrees F after 2 weeks of very cold weather, everything fogged up as the warm tropical air condensed on the Stelvio-- using rear defrost feature as suggested by SailDrive cleared them immediately. THANKS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have mirror frozen in the folded position? 7F this morning. After 30” drive, pressed the fold button, mirror relocked into drive and worked fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My rear defrost and heated mirrors aren't defrosting with the rear frost button on; Slightly iced over. Had it on for over 40 continuous minutes with no change what-so-ever. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
526 Posts
My rear defrost and heated mirrors aren't defrosting with the rear frost button on; Slightly iced over. Had it on for over 40 continuous minutes with no change what-so-ever. Any thoughts?
If the battery is low, rear defroster (and mirrors) are disabled ....

If they do work, they switch off automatically after 20 minutes.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently charged it up about 4 days ago to full on an automatic smart battery charger. Just purchased it so assuming it sat on the lot for awhile. How do I reenable it?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I recently charged it up about 4 days ago to full on an automatic smart battery charger. Just purchased it so assuming it sat on the lot for awhile. How do I reenable it?
if you charged it the correct way (via the IBS sensor), it should simply work
If not, it will probably take a couple of days for the IBS to correct for the battery charge

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did via the IBS sensor (attached the ground clamp to the nut on the ground terminal assembly). This is correct, right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts