Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't they program it in an update for the heated seats and wheel to go on below automatically below a certain temperature like every other mfg does or when the remote start is used??? Really poor planning.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine does.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why can't they program it in an update for the heated seats and wheel to go on below automatically below a certain temperature like every other mfg does or when the remote start is used???
They did. My 2019 Stelvio does exactly that, and it works quite well. It seems like the trigger temperature is somewhere around 40 degrees Fahrenheit. If the outside temperature is around that mark, or lower, then the remote start will also light up the heated seats, heated steering wheel, rear window defroster, and heated mirrors.

There is an option in the infotainment system to turn the feature on or off (called Remote Start Comfort Systems). If you have a 2019 and it's not working then maybe the setting is off. Or the outside temperature isn't cold enough (lucky you).

As a result of this working, I also discovered that the auto engine stop/start appears to be disabled when the rear window defroster is on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I stumbled on this feature on my 2019 Stelvio QV. I started remotely, the outdoor temperature was in the 30s for the first time since acquiring the vehicle, and lo and behold, the seats and steering wheel were sumptuously warm when I got in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
this is available starting with v72. If you get updated then it's supported. Hopefully the dealer is smart enough after the update to also flip a bye in witech/mes to actually enable it. There are a few conditions in order for this to work, all spelled out in the manual.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stumbled on this feature on my 2019 Stelvio QV. I started remotely, the outdoor temperature was in the 30s for the first time since acquiring the vehicle, and lo and behold, the seats and steering wheel were sumptuously warm when I got in.
i guess the newer cars do it thats great

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why can't they program it in an update for the heated seats and wheel to go on below automatically below a certain temperature like every other mfg does or when the remote start is used??? Really poor planning.
i guess the newer cars do it thats great
I have a 2018 that doesn’t have this functionality. I’ve raised it with ARUSA and they have recommended 3 service updates that I will be having the dealer install to address this obvious deficiency. In the next week or so I’ll be back with results.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The driver’s seat and steering wheel heaters automatically engage when the ambient is below 32 degrees F and the remote start is used on My 2018 Stelvio Ti Lusso.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The driver’s seat and steering wheel heaters automatically engage when the ambient is below 32 degrees F and the remote start is used on My 2018 Stelvio Ti Lusso.
You probably have newer software/firmware. My built date is 4/18, software leve 059...What is yours?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Once I activate my auto start it senses the temp outside heats driver seat, steering wheel and blows warm air...I have a 2019

·
Registered
43 Posts
build date of my Stelvio TI Lusso was July 4, 2018. The driver seat and steering wheel heaters automatically engage with remote start during low ambient temp ( <32F)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks @Duncamj just 3 months after my built date (4/2018). Your firmware/software level ? Maybe I can convive my dealer to upgrade whatever required modules.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When you remote start my 2019 QV the wheel and seats do turn on when it’s colder than 4 C (39 F) just like the manual says.

My question is why does it have to be so darn cold before the wheel and seats automatically turn on? Shouldn’t we be able to adjust this in the vehicle settings to have them turn on at whatever temperature we want?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well that's an interesting idea - say to choose what temp it turns on. I would probably choose a little higher than 39 degrees as I LOVE using the heated wheel!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts