Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi--
In previous cars, when the ambient temperature outsides drops below a certain temp, lets say 40F, and when you did remote start, it would sense it's cold outside and turn on the heated seats and steering wheel. My 2018 Stelvio doesn't do this. I have noticed that if the heated seats and steering wheel were previously on, it would come back on when I restarted the car, manually...didn't try remote...but it has a time limit. A few minutes, an hour....I don't know. But there is a limit to the 'memory' of it, for lack of a better word.
All of this is to ask, is there a setting that I can enable to automatically come on based on outside temp or to remember last setting before ignition is turned off?
As always, I appreciate everyone's help.
Kyle

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
297 Posts
And some 2021s that have that features it doesn't work due to bad coding at the factory. When the temp is really cold the rear defroster will go on automatically, but the seat is also suppose to and it doesn't due to bad code. Someone reported this and said there was going to be a fix but I haven't seen anything yet. Both our cars were mfg same month and year so it could be something weird with the run.

·
Registered
118 Posts
And some 2021s that have that features it doesn't work due to bad coding at the factory. When the temp is really cold the rear defroster will go on automatically, but the seat is also suppose to and it doesn't due to bad code. Someone reported this and said there was going to be a fix but I haven't seen anything yet. Both our cars were mfg same month and year so it could be something weird with the run.
2022 Cars apparently have the same bug, it turns on my rear defroster but not the heated wheel or seats.
Put that bug in with the missing folding mirrors setting.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
My 2018 does not turn on heated seats with remote start, nor the wheel

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pre my18 this was a hit or miss. It depends on your etm version, bcm version, HVAC version, and you need the hw9.0 dtcm located under the driver's seat + Mes to program it. This also fixes the issue with easy entry not being able to be toggled (drivers seat sliding on door open). I have retrofitted my my18 Giulia hardware and software as I desperately needed easy entry turned off. As a bonus, I got auto comfort working for the defogger at least. Trying to figure out the seat and steering wheel next.

For my19 and up, should be a simple fix at the dealer since all hardware and software is up to spec.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
297 Posts
Pre my18 this was a hit or miss. It depends on your etm version, bcm version, HVAC version, and you need the hw9.0 dtcm located under the driver's seat + Mes to program it. This also fixes the issue with easy entry not being able to be toggled (drivers seat sliding on door open). I have retrofitted my my18 Giulia hardware and software as I desperately needed easy entry turned off. As a bonus, I got auto comfort working for the defogger at least. Trying to figure out the seat and steering wheel next.

For my19 and up, should be a simple fix at the dealer since all hardware and software is up to spec.
For my21 I only get the defroster also when I go I. For my 1 year I’m going to give them a list of things others have also asked about. Misty the non saving rials and the comfort heatv

·
Registered
33 Posts
Been reading all of these post with great interest... So, without further ado let's add our two-cents worth. 2019 Stelvio Ti Sport
1) Leaving the heated seats and steering wheel on when when you turn off the car turns them off, they do not come back on when you start the car next time.
2) There is no "auto-on" in the infotainment system.
3) Remote starting the car at or below 37 degrees F will automatically activate the driver's seat heater, the steering wheel heater and the rear window/exterior mirror defrosters.

Take a quick look at you owners manual page 139:
Remote Starting System This system uses the key fob to start the engine conveniently from outside the vehicle while still maintaining security. The system has a range of at least 300 feet (91 meters). The remote starting system also activates the climate control (if equipped), the heated seats (if equipped), and the heated steering wheel (if equipped), depending on temperatures outside and inside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio TI sport
13 Posts
Same issue here….2021 ti …..no heated steering or seat With remote start. Only rear defroster. anyone knows if the heater is supposed to come on at high automatically ? other cars have this feature.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Same issue here….2021 ti …..no heated steering or seat With remote start. Only rear defroster. anyone knows if the heater is supposed to come on at high automatically ? other cars have this feature.
Most better designs do not have the heater come on high when started, they wait for the coolant temp to come up before going to high, I've found the Stelvio does that as expected.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio TI sport
13 Posts
Yes, when I remote start the heater is on, but on a very low fan setting, as the coolant heats up the fan increases speed, same as my prior BMW and the smart way to do it, why should it circulate cold air?
I agree….I guess the dealer will have to do a whole more updating on my next visit…….this is very unfortunate….the vehicle is amazing….but it seems the quality control before vehicles leave the factory is questionable !!! Our dealers around Toronto are very few and experience to date has been disappointing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree….I guess the dealer will have to do a whole more updating on my next visit…….this is very unfortunate….the vehicle is amazing….but it seems the quality control before vehicles leave the factory is questionable !!! Our dealers around Toronto are very few and experience to date has been disappointing.
I didn't say it, but you do have the HVAC set to automatic, right?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts