Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I continue to notice that the auto climate feature to start the heated steering wheel/seats upon remote start depending on ambient temperature hasn't worked since getting this vehicle. If memory serves correct, weren't they going to issue a fix/update for this issue?

Also, has anyone figured out how to lower the volume of the cross traffic alerts? There doesn't seem to be any way to lower that volume and it's literally shocking when it chimes, phreaks me out almost every time.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I continue to notice that the auto climate feature to start the heated steering wheel/seats upon remote start depending on ambient temperature hasn't worked since getting this vehicle. If memory serves correct, weren't they going to issue a fix/update for this issue?
Nope, still no fix after almost 3 years, they've admitted the issue exists on cars with the front and rear heated seat option, and that supposedly it's in the works in the software group, no ETA.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I took my car in for its first service, I was told it would be fixed by now (Q3 '22). I suppose I need to contact my dealer for confirmation if it is or not.

They told me it was confirmed to be due to a separate HVAC or some such module that is applicable to Stelvios with rear seat heaters.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Warning volumes are in the Infotainment system.

I'd like to hear more about the climate control systems Ours works perfectly and all of the ones we looked at before purchase worked fine as well. Exactly what is the problem?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warning volumes are in the Infotainment system.

I'd like to hear more about the climate control systems Ours works perfectly and all of the ones we looked at before purchase worked fine as well. Exactly what is the problem?
Cross traffic alert volume is not impacted by the settings in the infotainment unfortunately. I’m referring to the alert when you’re reversing the vehicle and it senses a car coming from either side.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
498 Posts
Cross traffic alert volume is not impacted by the settings in the infotainment unfortunately. I’m referring to the alert when you’re reversing the vehicle and it senses a car coming from either side.
There is a way to decrease the volume, if memory serves me right you will find it in the Driver assistance widget in the center screen. You have the option to select sensitivity and volume (high or low only). I'll check it out next time I'm in the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a way to decrease the volume, if memory serves me right you will find it in the Driver assistance widget in the center screen. You have the option to select sensitivity and volume (high or low only). I'll check it out next time I'm in the car.
None of these adjust the volume for the cross traffic alert when reversing. I think it’s tied to the reverse camera but there’s no volume setting for the reverse camera. The parking sensor volume is only for parking. Not for cross traffic alerts.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Take it to the dealership and get the software update - it will fix this issue.
I strongly urge making sure the dealer is aware of the issue, and the repair.
@Shark71 and I are in the same small state, our dealers are no more than 30 miles apart, both fairly large, his did the update, mine still says it's not released, but they are going to have me drop it off to be treated as a Star Case in a week or two and get AR on the phone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts