Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
What did they do? Replace the blower?

Okay Guys, I got my car back and it's almost a week of driving including some very cold days here in Michigan. The Fan blower motor replacement has worked and I do not have any issues with the Chirping noise now. I think its a common problem with an easy fix. My dealer is great and happy with Alfa's service.

After the car sitting for 6 days the fan wont work. I'm thinking I might have the same bearing issue. Has anyone attempted to get to the motor themselves? I cant get to the dealer till next week and its 20 degrees out. Thinking if I get to it I might be able to free it up?

I have the exact same issue, 2019 Sport. Got it just over a month ago and within 300 miles or so the fan blower gave a faint but very noticeable high-pitched chirping noise at lower fan speeds only---also seems to be on the passenger side only. When I turn it up to the highest fan speed, I do not hear it (but that may just mean that the increased airflow sound is drowning out the chirp). I figure the blower motor is either slightly out of alignment or a blade is catching on something. With the radio off, when I quickly and completely turn the fan off, I can hear the chirp decrease in frequency as the fan spools down---then total quiet when the fan stops. It does not do it all the time though--about half the time when I am out and about. I think I will wait a bit and see how someone else on this forum had it resolved at the dealer. I checked the Giula forum too--several similar complaints about this.
My 2019 Ti Sport heating & A/C was acting irradicably at times, like no fan at all but then ok. No noise I can recall. Anyway at 13,800 miles the fan quit working. The dealer replaced the fan motor yesterday so works fine now. I hope it's a good replacement because I'm always concerned that the supply chain for the industry rarely uses the failure to improve the part. So far my Stelvio had a bad battery, lost radar lens and failed heater/A/C fan. The auto High/Low beam system is sketchy at best, plus Apple Play sometimes won't connect and neither of these could be corrected at the dealer.

My 2019 Ti Sport heating & A/C was acting irradicably at times, like no fan at all but then ok. No noise I can recall. Anyway at 13,800 miles the fan quit working. The dealer replaced the fan motor yesterday so works fine now. I hope it's a good replacement because I'm always concerned that the supply chain for the industry rarely uses the failure to improve the part. So far my Stelvio had a bad battery, lost radar lens and failed heater/A/C fan. The auto High/Low beam system is sketchy at best, plus Apple Play sometimes won't connect and neither of these could be corrected at the dealer.
Sorry to hear all that, but glad most of it is fixed. FWIW, no chirp at all in my fan blower now. I did not do anything special over the past year---it just went away on its own. No complaints in my case.

My 2019 Stelvio never chirped it just acted funny where it would blow and not blow. It finally quit blowing entirely in January and the dealer had it fixed the same day I scheduled it to be repaired. Provided a Stelvio loaner that am and picked up mine that afternoon. Was not difficult to resolve and Alfa USA was very supportive. Every brand will have issues and as long as Alfa takes care of me I will stay. It's the most fun car I've driven in a long time.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.