Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patiently waiting for confirmation that the Stelvio we order will indeed come with Apple CarPlay. Waiting on that and my end of year bonus, whichever is later, to purchase a Stelvio for my wife. We've viewed one on a dealer lot but have yet to drive one, so that will come into play too, but we'd have to be sorely disappointed during the test drive to not purchase. Obviously we don't expect that to happen.

I'll do a search here as well but, if by chance someone knows the answer, what is the current lead time on orders? I don't expect that they'll have exactly what we want in stock.

Jason

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
on the Giulia forum there have been those pleasantly surprised by somewhat quicker than expected orders, to those waiting seemingly forever.
I expect that the giulia & stelvio production lines switch between the two, and then also by versions and colors - so if you can do a search on the alfa usa website and find something very close to what you want within a reasonable number of miles, that is probably the way to go. lots of stelvio inventory right now, but choices like lusso do not exist yet.

I'm waiting to just order a stelvio quad - wish there was a european delivery as they just opened orders there - perhaps Marzio will be able to give us a heads up on when they start delivering.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Patiently waiting for confirmation that the Stelvio we order will indeed come with Apple CarPlay. Waiting on that and my end of year bonus, whichever is later, to purchase a Stelvio for my wife. We've viewed one on a dealer lot but have yet to drive one, so that will come into play too, but we'd have to be sorely disappointed during the test drive to not purchase. Obviously we don't expect that to happen.

I'll do a search here as well but, if by chance someone knows the answer, what is the current lead time on orders? I don't expect that they'll have exactly what we want in stock.

Jason
I wrote the check for my deposit on 7/24 but the dealer couldn't put the order in till mid to late August (somehow I missed the date to get it in in July). I drove the car home on 10/16 from my dealer in North Carolina. I know it sat in a muddy lot in Baltimore for a couple weeks. Car actually showed up on 10/14 but the dealer couldn't get it prepped for me as I was going out of town that weekend. There are tons of variables that can + or - days/weeks from your schedule but my dealer did say that my car arrived before vehicles they had ordered back in June. Apparently, mine was their 1st pre-sold order for a Stelvio and they think maybe Alfa fast tracked due to that. Of course he also told me I could software update the radio for Android Auto so take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, we'll likely wait until CarPlay is a confirmed option anyway. Not something we really want to roll the dice on.

If we were buying the Stelvio for me, it would be the quad lol! My wife would never appreciate it though. I think we'll go with a Ti. She didn't like the paddle shifters.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I think we'll go with a Ti. She didn't like the paddle shifters.
Go for the Sport, There's no reason she should punish you for her lack of taste! After all, you're going to drive it on occasion too... :devil

Reactions: JnDRader

·
Read Only
849 Posts
on the Giulia forum there have been those pleasantly surprised by somewhat quicker than expected orders, to those waiting seemingly forever.
I expect that the giulia & stelvio production lines switch between the two, and then also by versions and colors - so if you can do a search on the alfa usa website and find something very close to what you want within a reasonable number of miles, that is probably the way to go. lots of stelvio inventory right now, but choices like lusso do not exist yet.

I'm waiting to just order a stelvio quad - wish there was a european delivery as they just opened orders there - perhaps Marzio will be able to give us a heads up on when they start delivering.
Nothing at all here too, news really fragmented and not sure, no answers, only other questions. Sorry about that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts