Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to join this forum as a new Stelvio owner!

My wife and I started out going to test drive a Giulia at Cary Alfa Romeo in April; really liked the way it drives. They also had a Stelvio in the showroom, and we looked at that as well. Since they had the Giulia and Stelvio right next to each other it was easy to compare the two. We really thought the Stelvio would be more practical for us. Wanted to test drive the Stelvio, but the dealer wouldn't let me test drive one as the 'hold' due to the recall was in effect. Went back two weeks later and test drove a Stelvio Ti Sport and wanted it, but the dealer would not honor the discount he offered me two weeks earlier, and really low-balled the value on my trade. We walked out.

We kept checking dealer inventory online as well as working with the Raleigh Alfa Romeo dealer, but he wasn't able to come up with a Stelvio outfitted the way I wanted. Then the Alfa Romeo dealer in Greensboro had some new inventory; one they has interested us, so we made the drive to Greensboro, about a 1.5 hour drive. Well, the dealership was everything I had heard about it and more. The buying experience had to be the easiest, most leasurable buying experience I have had. I worked with Ken Murphy, who also introduced me to Amiss Bartlett in service. Even with the drive, I do plan to bring my Stelvio back there for service.

- Ray

·
Registered
534 Posts
That's great, congrats on your purchase.
What did you end up choosing? Did you pick it up?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Congrats! It's amazing how different the experience can be from dealership to dealership. I sat in 2.5hrs of traffic to drive to the dealership that I was most comfortable with and ended up having a fantastic experience with when I bought my Stelvio, even though there is a dealer 10 minutes from where I live.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Excellent and congrats RA03 on your new Stelvio + thanks for joining the posse here. We look forward to your escapades and experiences.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a Ti Sport, Vulcano Black Metallic with the chocolate/black interior.

Yes the experience at the dealers can be drastically different. My experience with the Cary dealer was the worst I have experienced - it was as if they didn't want to sell the car. I won't go there for service either.

Ray

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello from fellow Stelvio owner (soon) in Cary.

Happy to join this forum as a new Stelvio owner!

My wife and I started out going to test drive a Giulia at Cary Alfa Romeo in April; really liked the way it drives. They also had a Stelvio in the showroom, and we looked at that as well. Since they had the Giulia and Stelvio right next to each other it was easy to compare the two. We really thought the Stelvio would be more practical for us. Wanted to test drive the Stelvio, but the dealer wouldn't let me test drive one as the 'hold' due to the recall was in effect. Went back two weeks later and test drove a Stelvio Ti Sport and wanted it, but the dealer would not honor the discount he offered me two weeks earlier, and really low-balled the value on my trade. We walked out.

We kept checking dealer inventory online as well as working with the Raleigh Alfa Romeo dealer, but he wasn't able to come up with a Stelvio outfitted the way I wanted. Then the Alfa Romeo dealer in Greensboro had some new inventory; one they has interested us, so we made the drive to Greensboro, about a 1.5 hour drive. Well, the dealership was everything I had heard about it and more. The buying experience had to be the easiest, most leasurable buying experience I have had. I worked with Ken Murphy, who also introduced me to Amiss Bartlett in service. Even with the drive, I do plan to bring my Stelvio back there for service.

- Ray
Welcome Ray! We had the exact same journey (minus the stop at AR of Raleigh as they were not operational yet). Started with Hendrick in Cary. They would not order a Stelvio for us...fyi..Hendrik is closing all AR dealerships...See my post on this. We ordered our Stelivo Ti Sport from AR of the Triad (Greensboro) via Ken on March 3. Same great experience. We are still waiting on delivery. Hopefully soon!
Enjoy your Stelvio....See you around the Raleigh area. I have only seen one AR in Cary/HS/Raleigh, a Guila. We are a rare breed in deed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Ray! We had the exact same journey (minus the stop at AR of Raleigh as they were not operational yet). Started with Hendrick in Cary. They would not order a Stelvio for us...fyi..Hendrik is closing all AR dealerships...See my post on this. .
I think that the Raleigh Alfa dealer is just getting started, so that may be the reason for their inability to help me.

I do hope that whomever takes over the Hendrick dealerships will make a good effort for the brand. When I went to Cary for the first time, the doors were locked and there was no one around. I called the phone number on their website, and they told me to go to the Dodge dealer next door to see a salesperson. Not a good first impression...

I'm sure that the guys at Greensboro will treat you right when you go back for delivery.

I've yet to see a Giulia or Stelvio "in the wild".

Ray

·
Registered
48 Posts
First week with Stelvio! What a blast!

Hi all! My Stelvio finally arrived and I picked it up on Friday. Drove it to the beach on Saturday.
Pictures soon!
First full weekend and had a a chance to get some photos. What a blast to drive. Could not be happier with it! Next week front end gets wrapped!

A few interesting stories all ready. I was in the local auto parts store picking up some cleaning supplies and when I came out ther was a guy looking all around the Stelvio. When I approached the car he asked if it was mine. I said it was. He introduced him self as the proud owner of three vintage AR Spiders! Invited me to join the local chapter of AROC which I have done. We spent 20 min in the parking lot talking about Alfas. Would have gone longer but both our wife's called asking where we were!

Also, 2 weeks ago I was in Milano on business an was amazed at the number of Stelvios on the road. On one street I found a Misano blue Stelvio and Guila parked one in front of the other!

Last story. ....drove my Stelvio to work first time last week thinking I surely will be the sole Alfa in the lot. Ha! Only second time I have seen another Stelvio on ad and there it is, right in my company's parking lot! A god wink reminding me that I'm not the hot **** a car like this makes you feel you are:wink

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Greats pics Rich, red on red looks gorgeous! Congrats again!

Yes there are a few Stelvio in Italy (Milan especially) but I was amazed when I was in LA in January and parked side by side there was a red Giulia Q and a white Stelvio.
Then I moved to NYC at the corner between the 7th avenue and 52nd street there was a white Stelvio parked.
Wow, I started to think about buying one exactly in that moment!

·
Registered
13 Posts
We bought my wifes stelvio from the greenboro dealership as well. They were very easy to deal with. A great buying experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts