Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. Not owner yet.
Already drive a few models from diesel to QV.
Infortunately my choice will be for a 2.2 Diesel 210hp.. but the QV look.. is killing me.
Maybe I will turn it to a QV exterior look-a-like. And all the sport package available.. even without the sparco backets. ??
Regards to all

Flavio

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
get a lusso interior with wood trim and you have a way nicer interior than the quad
I wish I could have ordered the quad like that

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Great to know you, Flavio and welcome to the semi-exclusive flock of cats. Look forward to your comments and escapades en Stelvio!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate the "wood trims".. i'm looking at the perforate leather seats and sport packs.
I'm thinking about buying the QV bumpers and side skirts and the hood and wheels. (For now)
I'd love the sparco seats ans steering wheel.

For daily car the QV is too expensive cost/km or /mile.

Does someone knows.. if the hood is plug and play in the "regular" Stelvio?

Regards.

Flavio

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your QV converted Stelvio if thats the route you end up going. Don't you think its going to be too expensive to try and swap out all those body pieces? Why not just go with something aftermarket?

·
Registered
534 Posts
or, don't you think it's silly to try and make the diesel version look like the fastest one?
No. Most of us on the forums are considering improvements to improve the look of our Stelvios.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
"improve the look"

no issue there, but a diesel .... well it makes more sense to make it look comfy than fast

I don't know if you pay more up front in portugal for a diesel, but just the add ons could have paid for a lot of gasoline ... which

·
Registered
534 Posts
"improve the look"

no issue there, but a diesel .... well it makes more sense to make it look comfy than fast

I don't know if you pay more up front in portugal for a diesel, but just the add ons could have paid for a lot of gasoline ... which
According to Google, Portugal shows a national average of 1.51 euro per litre for unleaded. 3.78 litres per US gallon x current exchange is $7.02 USD per gallon or about 56% higher than world averages.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
just saying IF someones going to change body panels or whatever, you can pay for a lot of gas instead, and the driving will be more enjoyable.
a false economy in my mind, and the dress up to look fast on the diesel ... all show and no go.
personally I prefer the opposite, the sleeper that looks normal but goes like stink

·
Registered
241 Posts
or, don't you think it's silly to try and make the diesel version look like the fastest one?
Totally agree. Save your money for something else. Instead of adding a louder exhaust to my wife's Stelvio I am saving that money for new a sports car to replace my old one.

I saw a modified Stelvio in Austin the other week with Madness stickers all over, and carbon fiber-looking bits pasted on here and there- and my impression was that the car looked worse.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For fast and fun I got a 911 GTS 2015 and a Lotus Elise 111R 2010.
My tuning dress idea for the 210hp diesel version.. is "only" for bumpers and exhaust tips to go along. If Alfa got a "Ti or QV" pack like BMW has the "M-Pack"... I wouldn't think of upgrade the look. The normal look is too much rounded and bubble. Only my opinion.
Just sharing it with you guys. ? Peace! ✌

1 - 16 of 16 Posts