Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the cold north, Syracuse. Traded my X3 for Stelvio and could not be happier. One thing which not many discuss is how well the car handles itself in snow!!!!

Looking forward to spring and some nice drives up north!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Excellent + good to know you and it will be good to hear how you experience the upgrade to Alfa.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I've done a bit of snow driving so far and the Q4 system handles it well. Initially you feel like you're in a RWD car because of the rear torque bias, which results in very nice positive grip feedback and not a small amount of fun at the same time, but just about the time you feel the rear end is getting loose enough that you need to provide steering input to correct the AWD system remaps the power and starts pulling from the front to balance the power and grip out.

The net result is a car that's rather enjoyable to drive in the snow, lets you play a little and have fun with the conditions, yet still retains plenty of control and grip when you need it. I have the 20" wheels on all seasons and had no problems getting around in the blizzard about a week ago. It's not quite as good as my Range Rover was in the snow, but it's pretty close, and that's a high praise. And the Range Rover was no where near as fun to drive in the sun or the snow!

·
Registered
52 Posts
dealer

Greetings from the cold north, Syracuse. Traded my X3 for Stelvio and could not be happier. One thing which not many discuss is how well the car handles itself in snow!!!!

I am nearby Syracuse and am looking at a new BMW X3, but was considering a Stelvio. On the X3 I am getting prices nearly 15% off MSRP with all the retention and other incentives. I was wondering what dealer you purchased your Stelvio from, since none nearby, and what types of incentives they are offering. Thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts

Hi and welcome ..... you have a good point about a lack of coverage of handling in the snow on this forum, but since we are more concerned about golf weather here in Phoenix, i really haven't paid much attention to it :grin

Enjoy the white stuff :devil

·
Registered
250 Posts
While we are talking about snow driving I am still waiting for some more beautiful Italian scenery snow driving videos from @Marzio :big-grin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the form!! Handles great in the rain when we get some a few times a year. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought mine in Rochester. I had just gone to see the car and not really buy it. But I fell in love with it and wanted to put money down!!! The dealer obviously figured he had me under his thumb.... I am a very bad negotiater anyway and pretty much have not gotten a good deal for any car I bought...

Sorry about the late reply. I am yet to figure out how this forum works!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts