Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao, I have owned quite a few Alfas over the years: 74 GTV, 88 Milano Verde, 94 164LS, 83 Spider, and my first car, a 74 Berlina. My love of Alfa Romeo goes back a ways. Like most Alfisti, I waited years for Alfa to come back to the U.S.

Back in 2017, I test drove a new Giulia. It was a nice ride, but I wasn't exactly wowed (probably because of the M3 I was driving at the time). After seeing the Stelvio at the 2018 L.A. Auto Show, I was very impressed with the usability, design, ride position, etc. Now finally, I'm getting ready to buy a Stelvio (after two years of driving a 2010 Volvo V50 with Polestar tuning). I test drove a base model today and was really impressed. I have been looking at the Stelvio Ti Sport with all the bells and whistles (including the Performance Package). I will probably buy a used 2018 Stelvio with Apple Carplay. I always use the FCA VIN/Window sticker webpage to be sure of all options--thanks to the great info here at Stelvioforum.

Thanks for bearing with the long-winded intro. My questions are:
1) any significant difference between 2018 and 2019? I see the Nero edition and rear seat warmers which are both interesting to me.
2) anyone driven a Stelvio base or sport vs. Ti? Any difference in driving dynamics?
3) anyone compared the Ti with and without the Performance Package? Is the package worth it?
4) anyone ever heard of an Alfa Stelvio being sold with a CPO? I read a press release from FCA that talks about it in detail, but have never seen mention as I search.

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You should take 2019, many software and electronics glitches solved, also some important recalls should be done on 2018 regarding water leak...

Please find post which @BossaNova posted few days ago about all service bulletins...

Regarding equipment level just be aware that there are 3 types of seats.
If You are 6 foot or taller then base seats are not comfortable at all. Only lusso seats have adjustment of seating angle to support thighs but without good latteral support. Sport seats have good latteral support but without seating angle adjustment they also have under knees extening part but from my perspective it is useless because it is not possible to adjust seating angle...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The performance pack is worthwhile - but I think the most important things are being happy with the seats ^ and having paddle shift.
You will be happy being back in an alfa again.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No - get the 2020 - all the goodies plus the mid-cycle refresh improvements!
John

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Mine is a sq, but I had a base loaner, and another loaner with paddles / lusso seats. Dont think it had performance pack as dont recall adjustable suspension.
Different people are happy/unhappy with different seats. Spend enough time to know.
They all drive great, you can get firmer springs (or wider wheels) for any - and lose out on the supple stock ride.
With q4 I dont think the lsd is as noticeable /important as on rwd only.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, after reading about the 2020 improvements. I think I may wait and look for end of the year deals. Until then, probably do some test drives and dealer recon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I turned in my 2018 I leased in Feb 2018 with out Android auto or apple after a trouble free two year lease in 03/20 and leased a late year build 2019. The head unit is much improved in the 2019, and the 19 has AA and AC. I got a great year deal on my 2019 last month and since the touch screen is not important to me I decided to save the money and get a 19 instead of a 2020.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts