Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Tony, 30 and I got the keys of my Stelvio few weeks ago, here is how it began.

I live on the East coast and one day of 2018, I saw a white Stelvio Ti (probably tri coat, but not very sure) with red calpers in my parking lot, I immediately fell in love with the design of the car. I didn't know Alfa was doing SUV back in the days and it seems the Stelvio responded to a lot of my criterias (Bold Design, "spacious" and not very common)
After the lease of my previous car, I was in the market for a AWD SUV, I've been hesitating with the GLC, Lexus NX and the Stelvio. My parents always told me that back in the days, the Alfa's weren't very reliable.
I've been browsing nearby Alfa dealers for months, till I see a very good price on a 2019 Stelvio Base executive loaner. I was more interested in a Ti trim but a Base with all options that mattered to me (Heated seats/Steering wheel, Premium wheels and colored calpers), it's almost the same. With a very low money factor and "OK" residual, I decided to take a lease for 24 months. (low $300/m)

I have TONS of compliments, I love the color and how it drives. I'm like a proud father (even with a leasing ;) ) Not sure if I will purchase after, we'll see in 2 years.
The things that I'm missing are the Touchscreen and better Android auto integration (both addressed with the 2020 version IIRC), and Alfa Connect available in the US (now only in Europe ?)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome to the family, Tony! It's also really nice when you're driving and you see another Stelvio or Giulia driving toward you and you either wave or flash your lights in kinship.

I did a test drive about 9 months before my X3 lease was up and I knew within 3 minutes that this was the car for me. In fact, I wanted to make darn sure, so I test-drove about 20 other cars, trying to talk myself out of the Stelvio but nothing else matched the ride and handling. You're gonna have a blast with that car...enjoy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anthonyo, there are very few SUV's that drive and feel like what You have leased! Enjoy to know not many can compete as a drivers SUV and the one or two are way more expensive.

QUAD19

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm Tony, 30 and I got the keys of my Stelvio few weeks ago, here is how it began.

I live on the East coast and one day of 2018, I saw a white Stelvio Ti (probably tri coat, but not very sure) with red calpers in my parking lot, I immediately fell in love with the design of the car. I didn't know Alfa was doing SUV back in the days and it seems the Stelvio responded to a lot of my criterias (Bold Design, "spacious" and not very common)
After the lease of my previous car, I was in the market for a AWD SUV, I've been hesitating with the GLC, Lexus NX and the Stelvio. My parents always told me that back in the days, the Alfa's weren't very reliable.
I've been browsing nearby Alfa dealers for months, till I see a very good price on a 2019 Stelvio Base executive loaner. I was more interested in a Ti trim but a Base with all options that mattered to me (Heated seats/Steering wheel, Premium wheels and colored calpers), it's almost the same. With a very low money factor and "OK" residual, I decided to take a lease for 24 months. (low $300/m)

I have TONS of compliments, I love the color and how it drives. I'm like a proud father (even with a leasing ;) ) Not sure if I will purchase after, we'll see in 2 years.
The things that I'm missing are the Touchscreen and better Android auto integration (both addressed with the 2020 version IIRC), and Alfa Connect available in the US (now only in Europe ?)

View attachment 18943
Wow, what's that color called? Orange in Italian?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts