Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Hello There

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ViscontiVerde 164L* 
#1 ·
Former Alfa Romeo owner (1993 164L) which was adored for 9 years in the Classic Green / Tan combo making his return with a new Stelvio Ti Sport in Visconti Verde as soon as the sales hold is released. A simple seal replacement. I have gleaned a wealth of info already from the site as I awaited my account to be activated. Looking forward to be back in the fold now that they have stopped screwing with us like they did from 1995 forward with release of the 166....
It will be all about he driving to me as I am Skip Barber trained and am a HPDE driving instructor and a hands on owner.

Have not seen remote start mentioned yet?????

Reactions: Peterpan
#2 ·
Greetings and welcome to the Italian Stallion club. Look forward to your insights. Remote start: yes. Very well equipped even in the base models. There are a number of 'old Alfa' participants but most of us did not have direct experience at that time other than the guy up the street tinkering in his driveway. Pics please. Where are you located?

#4 ·
nice to see more past Alfa owners in the "truck" category, some (old & new) are a little snobby about that.

with your Skip training and being an instructor, I do hope you noticed that the 4 cylinder vehicles do not have a off switch for stability control etc; at this point you have to go for a quad to get the "old fashioned" driver does the driving experience.

#7 ·
If you drive smooth, you should rarely need to be in traction control zone. #1 TC activation is coming in too hot and going for the grinding understeer followed by over rotated rear. You folks may not believe it but after 2 X5's , the second being a diesel with 2 glaring bombs waiting to go off such as Exploding prop shafts and failing DEF tanks, I have had a Lincoln MKC with 2.3/AWD. It has been a great car and handles REALLY well whilst being a bit fun but quiet. Definitely a sleeper car that handled EVERY bit as well a gets into TC far less than X5's ever did. Done with that german thing

#11 ·
Inundation of stupid efficiency from Europe does have afew drawbacks. Doubt it saves a gallon/yr and the extra weight is probably a neutralizer

#13 · (Edited)
Mine got delivered today at 2PM. Dealer detail gets a C so I will take pics tomorrow after it is properly buffed. The color is AMAZING!!!! Few photos I have seen thus far do it justice. Color enhancement junk makes it too green, It is a VERY DEEP, VERY METALLIC GREEN that plays with the light . Almost a chameleon effect.

Auto/stop/start is definitely a Euro invention. It has been on many of their vehicles since 2014, we are just seeing it appear or get added in during refreshes in the US. My 2015 2.3 MKC did not have it...2017's did not. It was a new feature on a 2017 2.0 MKC. Just an example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.