Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
MY 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Diesel 2WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am American ex-pat in France and relocated here fairly recently, in June 2019. In August I purchased a Stelvio diesel, 2WD. I am here at this forum mainly to get some support in English. I am in a bit of a bind as my French is not yet passable and I am having some issues with the car. I am sure I will take it into a dealer and have located one fairly close (about 45 minutes away). But before I do I want to make sure I understand all the recalls and all the known issues that may relate to my issues. This way I can 'map out' what I need to communicate to the dealer in the most effective way. This forum has already been helpful in that regard. Thanks in advance for all your help! -- Rob

·
Registered
349 Posts
Software updates are easy, the tech just plugs in and downloads it to what is the latest.

The rear lift hatch had a water leak recall and mine required the button on the gate to be replaced and took about 20 minutes. That is the only recall notice I have seen on my 2018.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
go to the first alfa romeo service and ask to download the service, recalls anche campaigns for your VIN.
the service staff can report you everything about the history of your car.
this is the first step.
the next step is verify, with the service center, if all the necessary update was done on your VIN.

that's it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Banffstelvio and Marzio for the useful information. So if I am understanding correctly, there is no way to look up the vehicle history online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes is good to be out of the craziness that is the US right now. And the weather is good, countryside here very pretty. Learning a language this late in the game not easy though!:)

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Good luck with your dealer requests in France @RobinFrance . Beautiful country. A second language is always hard to learn as an adult. Your best chance is to be completely immersed (no English around you),

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Here is a link concerning software updates @RobinFrance that may be helpful:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts