Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I took my car in for detail yesterday, and now it seems the comfort seat movement doesn't work now. I'm not sure if that's what it's called but it's where the seat goes back to make entry and exit easier when you get in/out of the car. I looked on the forum and in the manual and can't seem to find a reference to turning it off/on. It was working fine before the detailer visit, fyi, the battery was not unhooked during the detail
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Help, I took my car in for detail yesterday, and now it seems the comfort seat movement doesn't work now. I'm not sure if that's what it's called but it's where the seat goes back to make entry and exit easier when you get in/out of the car. I looked on the forum and in the manual and can't seem to find a reference to turning it off/on. It was working fine before the detailer visit, fyi, the battery was not unhooked during the detail
Thanks
Is memory seat set? One thing I noticed on mine was that as soon as I set my seating to memory, the "convenience" entry/exit seat movement disappeared. The only way i was able to get it back was to adjust seats way different from what is in memory and not commit that setting in memory. No my seats move on exit and entry. I didn't find much in the manual either about this.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found something on the giulia forum. They posted info from AR that if the seat position is set BEHIND the B pillar the easy exit doesn't work, so I'm guessing they moved the seat all the way back to detail. I've never set memory on my seats. Post #47

Easy Exit - Driver Seat - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Here's the thread, the
Is memory seat set? One thing I noticed on mine was that as soon as I set my seating to memory, the "convenience" entry/exit seat movement disappeared. The only way i was able to get it back was to adjust seats way different from what is in memory and not commit that setting in memory. No my seats move on exit and entry. I didn't find much in the manual either about this.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I found something on the giulia forum. They posted info from AR that if the seat position is set BEHIND the B pillar the easy exit doesn't work, so I'm guessing they moved the seat all the way back to detail. I've never set memory on my seats. Post #47

Easy Exit - Driver Seat - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Here's the thread, the
I saw that post on the giulia forum as well, but it didn't seem to apply to my car since when I first got the car, I set the seating position to the highest height and forward b pillar and lost the entry/exit feature. I'll play around with this later today out of curiousity. Something so simple should be included in the owner's manual though. One other thing to chalk it up to an Alfaism. ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was as I suspected, the detailer moved the seat all the way back, I moved it forward and now it works fine. FYI, I finally set the #1 memory seat setting and it still works.

I saw that post on the giulia forum as well, but it didn't seem to apply to my car since when I first got the car, I set the seating position to the highest height and forward b pillar and lost the entry/exit feature. I'll play around with this later today out of curiousity. Something so simple should be included in the owner's manual though. One other thing to chalk it up to an Alfaism. ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
it was as I suspected, the detailer moved the seat all the way back, I moved it forward and now it works fine. FYI, I finally set the #1 memory seat setting and it still works.

Good to know. I need to play around with my seat some more ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts