Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just hoping to get some advice from anyone having fitted the Blackvue Power Magic Pro for their dashcam. I'm not too bad with these sort of things and have referred to instructions from the Giulia forums but still having trouble.

I'm using fuse taps to connect the +BATT and +ACC to the correct fuses for a Giulia. Reading their descriptions in the cars manual confirms they should be appropriate. I've attached the ground wire and everything is setup correctly and STILL no power both when accessory is on and when the car is completely off.

If anyone has any tips or photos to help that would be much appreciated as I'm going crazy trying to figure it out...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I've got the Magic Pro installed in my Stelvio and can send you pictures of the connections in the fuse box it that helps. This might be obvious - could it be the Power Magic Pro or the fuse taps themselves that might be faulty?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phuc, thanks for the reply! I've tried many different install setups and still nothing. I ended up buying a multimeter and have confirmed that the PMP doesn't work.

All that head scratching for nothing! If you do have a photo, maybe post it anyway to help others looking to do the same?

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Phuc can you tell me what the annotations in the first image mean?
I'm trying to do the same, but my dashcam turns off each time my engine auto start/stop kicks in.
Thanks!
Hi,

For context, my setup is a Blackvue camera connected to Power Magic Pro (PMP) which is connected to the fuse box at:

1) F94 - ACC (accessory) wire. F94 only provides power when the ignition is on. In my picture, I've written this in red as this is the colour of the ACC wire that Blackvue provided.
2) F38 - BATT (battery) wire. F38 always provides power, even when the ignition is off. In my picture, I've written this in yellow as this is the colour of the BATT wire that Blackvue provided.

For reference, F94 provides power to rear heater window and cigar lighter. F38 provides power for power door unlocking/locking. Mine is RHD model and do not know if the fuse box will differ to a LHD. Check your manual.

I hope this helps.

Phuc

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi,

For context, my setup is a Blackvue camera connected to Power Magic Pro (PMP) which is connected to the fuse box at:

1) F94 - ACC (accessory) wire. F94 only provides power when the ignition is on. In my picture, I've written this in red as this is the colour of the ACC wire that Blackvue provided.
2) F38 - BATT (battery) wire. F38 always provides power, even when the ignition is off. In my picture, I've written this in yellow as this is the colour of the BATT wire that Blackvue provided.

For reference, F94 provides power to rear heater window and cigar lighter. F38 provides power for power door unlocking/locking. Mine is RHD model and do not know if the fuse box will differ to a LHD. Check your manual.

View attachment 19878

I hope this helps.

Phuc
Thank you!

This does help, but wonder why the PMP needs two separate power supplies :/

·
Registered
91 Posts
FYI: I had to visit my local AR service center for a dead battery, and the tech said that hard-wiring the dashcam to the fusebox voids the vehicle warranty :(
@Phuc / @BGPhoto have y'all had any issues with this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not aware and will ask at the next service. That said, I currently have the following setup. Dash Cam > PowerMagic Pro > Cellink Neo > Fuse box. The Cellink Neo only charges when the engine is running. No issues to date.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not aware and will ask at the next service. That said, I currently have the following setup. Dash Cam > PowerMagic Pro > Cellink Neo > Fuse box. The Cellink Neo only charges when the engine is running. No issues to date.
Your setup sounds really nice! Can you post pictures of how you've mounted everything? Just curious :)
Please do ask about the warranty at your next service - hopefully that is very soon :p

As of right now, my plan is to wire the dashcam back to the fusebox, and remove it before i go back to the dealership for my 10k service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sure - I'll take a few pics this weekend. My next service is in February but my dash cam was already installed at the last service and nothing was said. Maybe they didnt notice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI: I had to visit my local AR service center for a dead battery, and the tech said that hard-wiring the dashcam to the fusebox voids the vehicle warranty :(
@Phuc / @BGPhoto have y'all had any issues with this?
Yes, if you connect something that draws constant power to the battery, the battery will eventually die and this is not an ideal set up.

The fuse taps that we've used simply bridge the gap between the fuse and the fuse box, and use that bridge to provide an additional power supply. This is completely safe and reversible so technically not considered 'hardwiring to the fuse box'. When your service manager refers to that, he means cutting existing wires to the fuse box and tapping into those.

See the photo for my setup showing the 2 fuse taps for constant power and accessory power, which goes to my Power Magic Pro that then powers my dashcams when the car is both on and off. This device also has a trip switch to preserve the cars battery.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, if you connect something that draws constant power to the battery, the battery will eventually die and this is not an ideal set up.

The fuse taps that we've used simply bridge the gap between the fuse and the fuse box, and use that bridge to provide an additional power supply. This is completely safe and reversible so technically not considered 'hardwiring to the fuse box'. When your service manager refers to that, he means cutting existing wires to the fuse box and tapping into those.

See the photo for my setup showing the 2 fuse taps for constant power and accessory power, which goes to my Power Magic Pro that then powers my dashcams when the car is both on and off. This device also has a trip switch to preserve the cars battery.
View attachment 20057
Thank you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts