Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Denmark, fellow alfisti!

I just ordered a Stelvio 280, First Edition in Vesuvio Gray. I have added panoramic roof and a few other extras to the package (adaptive cruise and a comfort heater from Webasto).

My current daily drive is a Land Rover Discovery 4 - great when you have a large family and overall a very competent car, but now the kids are moving out so I don't need the 7 seats of the Disco. Also, I'm longing for a driver's car as my daily drive. I do have a 1991 Alfa Spider S4 (in Alfa Rosso, of course...), but it is a bit impractical for longer drives, especially in the winter (and winter IS comming!).

The Stelvio will be my third Alfa since I had a GTV as my daily drive for 12 years (before the family became too large for a 2+2).

Delivery should be early November.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Petrol. Much more fun than the diesel ;-)
Although not quite as practical...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Now the hard part is waiting for your new Stelvio to ship, just think of this forum as a support group to get you through these trying times.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice step up from a Land Rover and at the same time it will be quite the change. With how sports-car like the Stelvio is, hopefully it still has enough off road capabilities to keep an ex-LR owner like you happy. Are you planning to do even some mild off-roading?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice step up from a Land Rover and at the same time it will be quite the change. With how sports-car like the Stelvio is, hopefully it still has enough off road capabilities to keep an ex-LR owner like you happy. Are you planning to do even some mild off-roading?
Yes, I do some hunting where mild offroading is required. I'll let you know how she fares :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Stelvio has enough ground clearance to clear those well traveled roads and the approach and departure angles are pretty decent. Going to install a trailer hook to bring home your spoils?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Stelvio has enough ground clearance to clear those well traveled roads and the approach and departure angles are pretty decent. Going to install a trailer hook to bring home your spoils?
No trailer hook - it kind of ruins the look of the nice behind ;-)

I plan on installing a plastic/rubber tray in the cargo area to protect the cloth.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, I do some hunting where mild offroading is required. I'll let you know how she fares :)
Awesome.

Its just too bad that AR didn't show it taking on any mild off road trails. Hopefully they invite the media out to some event where that along with other types of tests will be done. However it might be too late for that to happen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awesome.

Its just too bad that AR didn't show it taking on any mild off road trails. Hopefully they invite the media out to some event where that along with other types of tests will be done. However it might be too late for that to happen.
Not off-roading but still pretty impressive!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, what other options can you add to a First Edition? Per my dealer here I can only order the panoramic sunroof..

What other options did you add?
The 14 speaker system?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Marzio.. I was hoping the dealer was trying to get rid of me and my question. I would have loved to have the 14 speaker HK...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nope, the only options are body color, caliper color and sunroof
And adaptive cruise.

The Webasto heater is not a factory option but will be installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Probably better off calling around dealers at this point to see if they have anyone that backed out of an order. they might just have an order on the table waiting to be claimed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts