Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine broke on July 4th, trying to open it to show people the engine...wasn't funny. I'm just glad I had opened it that morning to top off the oil :) Called the dealer first thing on Monday, not a big deal but waiting to take it in.
I feel your pain

·
Registered
206 Posts
There are two hood release devices. I think the original post was related to the one inside the car. But some of the other replies in this discussion seem to be about the one outside under the hood.

It would help to make it clear which lever failed in your messages. If all of the failures are for the same location (inside vs. outside) that would indicate a marginal design for the common failure.
The interior release handle in the driver's side footwell.

·
Registered
178 Posts
On my second Stelvio, never had that problem. So far my Stelvio experience has been the best in terms of reliability among all the cars I bought during my life and this includes multiple Porsche 911 (I still own a turbo but I drive it very little since I bought the Stelvio QV) , Mercedes including the S series and VW.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My hood release (interior release handle in the driver side footwell) was fixed back in July, they said the cable came out of some hook/holder under the hood and they put it back and zip-tided it so it would not happen again...well guess what happened again. While in West Virginia again. Maybe I should stay out of West Virginia :rolleyes:

Have an appointment next week. I want to watch how they get the hood open this time, in case I need to do it myself in the future. I like to keep the oil level between 1/2-3/4 mark and 4-6oz every 1000-1200 miles means I need the hood to open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The internal lever in my Stelvio no longer works, is there another way to open the bonnet before I gat it fixed by the garage? By the way my previous car was a BMW X3 it had the same issue the lever ceased and had to be stripped out and replaced by the garage

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue with the pull handle under the dash this morning. Yanked on it and nothing would happen. I drove around a bit and tried again after it was warmed up — and it worked. Not ideal but glad I didn't break it. It felt like it was about to.

·
Registered
2022 Veloce
39 Posts
Had this happen yesterday on my 2022 which has only been on the road less than a month. The cabin lever now has a lot of play in it and though the bonnet does not pop open, I was able to lift it with my fingers so the problem may not be with the in-cabin lever itself but on the other end under the bonnet that releases the hold?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts