Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Ti Sport w/ Performance Package
22 Posts
My experience with the Stelvio is that it is safe and reliable. I had a 2018 visconti verde with 32K on the odometer with zero issues until I fell asleep behind the wheel and ran off the road into the woods. I don't think I even had my seat belt on, but I'm not sure. I remember waking up, bouncing around in my seat cushioned by all the airbags that deployed. I walked away without a scratch, except for me scratching my own head trying to figure out what had just happened! I remember feeling like I was in a cushioned cocoon when I woke up during the crash. I feel like the car saved my life! Up to that point it had been on road trips to New York, Hilton Head, and Miami...all with zero issues. What a great road car! On my trip to Miami several times I had dudes in modestly priced sports cars like Volkswagen GTIs, trying to keep up with me as I was literally blowing past traffic. I usually leave it in drive or D, and use the paddles to down shift when I need to pass. It's one of the most responsive cars I've driven in doing this. Other cars have a hard time keeping up! I'm now the proud owner of a fully loaded used 2019 Alfa Rosso Ti Sport with the nero edizione package. Easy to mistake it for a QV if you didn't know better. I did an impulse buy while on business in Fort Worth, TX, and drove it back by myself to MD the same week...once again with no issues. I love this car! I have since installed Madness Power+, GoPedal, and diverter valve parts. I'd now call this car legitimately fast. I'm looking to try running against a Macan S. I think I can beat it! I also installed an 8" Kicker hideaway sub in the rear hatch and completely solved the bass issue with the HK sound system. I have another Miami road trip coming up soon...can't wait! When considering what to buy to replace my totaled 2018, I STRONGLY considered a used QV...prices are coming way down on those.
What a beast of a car! However, there aren't many places in MD to really use a car with this much power, so I felt I wouldn't really get my money's worth if I bought one. I think I made the right decision. With the mods I've installed so far I can go fast enough to scare me! That's enough I think. There are too many cops patrolling our highways in MD for the QV to make sense...to me at least. 95% of the the time I'd only be using a very small percentage of the cars' capability...so really just wasting money for nothing. Besides, if I'm going to drive that fast in a car I'd rather be lower to the ground...like in a Giulia QV. Sorry for the long post, but this is like therapy for me...I needed to share this...

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Ti Sport w/ Performance Package
22 Posts
Good morning,

I leased my Stelvio in mid November 2019. Build date September 2019. It is a 2019 base model, Wanted that because of the less radical front seat design (preference). Stromboli Gray with red leather interior, Nero pkg., 20" black Miron wheels with package with red brake Brembo calipers, sun roof, roof rails. 8.8" AM/FM HD radio with Nav. Heated seats, wheel. All season floor mats with carpeted mats as well. Many packages overlap. You can configure pretty easily. No adaptive anything!! Didn't want it. Glad you could purchase with out. It is drivers' car. Drive it. Don't play with needless toys!
So far 6,000 trouble free miles mostly in a New England winter and a sloppy spring. Tremendous in lousy conditions including snow and ice covered streets. Q4 system works seamlessly. Heating and A/C also strong and unobtrusive. I don't expect any problems. Outstanding engine and ZF transmission!! Intuitive handling response in all conditions.
The statements made about poor quality and "expected" quality of FCA products are old wives' tales and Consumer Reports rubbish! I also own a 2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn with every available option in 2014, including four corner air ride. Over 70,000 miles including much off road duty with no creaks or groans and NO problems of any type! By the way the RAM also uses a ZF transmission. Take that Ford and Chevy!
When you decide, Don't worry about it. Take good care of it and drive it, don't abuse it!
From a guy who has been, driving, riding and flying for over 50 years.
Actually I think adaptive cruise is pretty sweet! So is the auto high beams or whatever they're called...didn't have those on my 2018. Leather dash is nice too.

Reactions: Gator1

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys! I just joined this forum, and I am actually thinking about getting a Stelvio this year. However, I have some concerns about it. I mostly just drive to commute, but I do enjoy racing occasionally. I don't doubt about the racing part, but is the Stelvio a good everyday car? And how reliable is it? It would be very helpful if someone can tell me his experience of owning a Stelvio. Thanks a lot.
I'm at my second Stelvio. I bought the first one 2 years ago, a 280HP. I was concerned with the reliability so I decided to lease, something I normally don't do. I drove the car 2 years, I put almost 16000 miles (no more due to Coronavirus) and I never had a problem. It has been the most reliable car of my life and at 61 I had many cars. In my experience more reliable than Porsche and Mercedes that I bought (and I still own one of each). For this reason the car has been at the dealer only once for the free 9000 miles oil change. Since I was very happy I didn't take the car at the end of the lease and I bought a Quadrifoglio, this time without lease. I hope to be as happy with the car since I just put 1000 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m at the secondo Alfa (first a Giulia Ti, now a Stelvio Ti). The only problem I had with both was the same esthetic issue of the gas tank cover warping out. Dealership replaced them at no cost. Other than that, I’m in love with these Alfa.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't understand all the concern about can I drive more than 100 miles, will the car last , every car I have ever owned , I get in and drive , be it 3 miles to the store or 1200 miles to visit family, if your afraid to own and enjoy an Alfa than buy something else, and put your mind at ease. All I know is every time I get into my Stelvio hit the start button I have a smile on my face,

·
Registered
201 Posts
No reliability issues for me I would drive anywhere, in all weather. Just my normal DD. If I bought used I would swap batteries, seems to take car of nearly all electrical issues. No different than any other car and better than a lot.

Reactions: ALFAOFFROAD
101 - 106 of 106 Posts